Digital Communications and Events Coordinator
Summary of Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage departmental website and social media accounts.
- Manage departmental communications (e.g., newsletter, public outreach)
- Schedule, publicize, and organize weekly scientific seminars.
- Arrange scientific functions and events on campus and occasionally off campus.
- Coordinate our summer internship program with assistance from senior scientific staff.
- Point of contact for visitors and new employee arrivals.
- Perform office administration tasks (e.g., order supplies, shipping).
- Function as an integral member of the front office team and assist the Director and Controller as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Associates degree.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite software, and Drupal.
- Minimum of three years experience in website and social media management.
Preferred Attributes and Experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively and maintain a good working relationship with a diverse group of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Writing and editing experience desirable.
- Experience in coordinating and managing group events.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign a plus.