University of Maryland Capital Region Health (UMCRH) has an excellent opportunity for a Surgical Assistant with cardiac experience to aid surgeons in the delivery of care to cardiac surgery patients.
In this vital role, we’ll look to you for support in all phases of the surgery including preoperative prepping, operative and post-op. This includes the retraction of tissue and organs for visualization; maintenance of hemostasis; closing wounds and applying dressings; anticipating and providing for the needs of the surgeon.
* Current Surgical Assistant certification through the National Surgical Assistant Association, the American Board of Surgical Assistants or the Association of Operating Room Nurses
* PA, SA, RNFA, NP or Foreign MD all accepted
* Current BLS certification; ABLS within three months of hire
* 2 years experience as a Surgical Assistant
* Efficient and expert at endo-vein harvesting
* Ability to insert central lines and balloon pumps
* Advanced knowledge of anatomy and physiology
* Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to effectively communicate in English
UMCRH is the second largest employer in Prince George’s County, committed to serving our community for over 65 years.
As a member of UMCRH, you’ll receive a competitive salary while working in an environment that challenges and rewards you for your contributions.
Learn more about this position and submit your resume at:
UM Capital Region Health is an equal opportunity employer.