Professional Services Project Coordinator
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES PROJECT COORDINATOR
The International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA) is the leading authority for the campus public safety profession. Our members are police chiefs, public safety directors, law enforcement officers, and security personnel at higher education institutions across the globe. IACLEA advances public safety for educational institutions by providing educational resources, advocacy, and professional development services. The association is looking for people with the passion, energy, and commitment to help us move the field of criminal justice forward. We seek to hire a Project Coordinator to support the Professional Services Program.
The Professional Services Project Coordinator will work under the direct supervision of the Director of Professional Services to coordinate the Accreditation Program, Peer Review Program (PReP) and Consulting Services. This is a critically important position that will contribute to the growth and development of Professional Services for campus public safety agencies. The position will collaborate with colleagues in Training, Communications, Government Relations, and Member Services to implement the mission of IACLEA and ensure that goals, objectives, and deliverables are professionally completed on time and within budget.
The successful candidate will demonstrate independent judgment, the ability to manage multiple tasks, comprehensive attention to detail, problem solving skills, and a customer-service orientation. It is vital that the person in this position think ahead, anticipate, and develop schedules and systems to meet the needs of the Professional Services Program, the broader Association, Executive Director, the Board of Directors, and staff.
- Maintain the accreditation program database.
- Effectively respond to inquiries about Accreditation and provide program information to public safety agencies.
- Receive applications for Accreditation from website, prepare orientation letters, and distribute applicant materials (e.g., contract, process manuals).
- Maintain liaison with individuals from campus public safety agencies.
- Request the issuance of initial invoices and monitor continuing billing of client agencies.
- Update website as necessary; list agencies, CEOs, and campus accreditation managers; post notices and manuals; update map of agency locations.
- Coordinate on-site assessment activities, including scheduling dates and facilitating travel.
- Receive and process expense reports from assessors and consultants; submit check requests for expenses and honoraria.
- Draft correspondence to agencies and prepare Accreditation certificates.
- Maintain liaison with the Accreditation Commission, prepare materials for meetings, take notes, and ensure timely follow-up on action items.
- Engage in marketing plans and campaigns to encourage program participation.
- Coordinate annual recognition ceremony for accredited agencies, including notifying departments, confirming attendance, and preparing presentation.
- Staff the Awards and Recognition Committee and produce the annual award presentations. Coordinate annual recognition ceremony for award winners, including notifying departments, confirming attendance, and preparing presentation.
- Attend scheduled meetings and events.
- Provide back-up during employee vacations and emergencies.
- Work special events as needed, including the Annual Conference and regional meetings.
- Assist colleagues, as needed, in project implementation and completion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a subject-related field or a combination of education and experience in a subject-related field.
- Two to five years of experience preferably in a non-profit organization, membership association, or criminal justice organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of office operations and procedures, including record-keeping and filing techniques.
- Knowledge of office equipment and computers, including proficiency in multiple software applications, such as word-processing, spreadsheets and databases, PowerPoint presentations, and on-line research.
- Effective task prioritization and time management skills.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Responsive customer-service skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity, including professional and ethical standards.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information and materials.
- Ability to process invoices and other financial requests.
- Ability to work well as a team member and independently.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and consistently complete tasks on-time.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with Association rules, regulations and guidelines, as well as exercise judgment about when to consult with others.
- Ability to complete and maintain complex records and to prepare reports from such records.
- Ability to plan events and make logistical arrangements for individuals and groups.
- Ability to understand, prepare and carry out complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Persons in this position must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Persons in this position are expected to dress in appropriate business or business casual attire or casual attire based on the job assignment of the day.
- Occasional travel may be required.
LOCATION OF EMPLOYMENT
This position is at IACLEA Headquarters located at 1110 Bonifant Street Suite 220, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910. The headquarters is located directly next to the Silver Spring Metro station on the Red Line. Parking within the headquarters building is available for a monthly fee or in the public garage across the street for a fee.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This position is entitled to paid leave that can be used for vacation, sick and personal needs in addition to nine paid holidays. The position is entitled to a tax deferred retirement program with employer/employee contributions, health benefits, workers compensation and unemployment benefits as well. Salary commensurate with qualifications.
Apply for Professional Services Project Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly