Deputy Solicitor, National Operations
7 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - 25% or less.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The Department of Labor does not recognize academic degrees from schools that are not accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U. S. Department of Education. Any applicant falsely claiming an academic degree from an accredited school will be subject to actions ranging from disqualification from Federal employment to removal from Federal service.
Candidates must possess broad and progressive experience in an attorney position that involves novel and/or complex legal questions and expertise as a legal advisor/litigator. This experience must have been at a major management level (normally equivalent to the GS-15 level in the Federal government) and have at least 4 or more years of post law school experience.
To qualify for this position, all applicants must write a narrative in the spaces provided detailing accomplishments that would satisfy each of the ECQs and MTQs. You must address each ECQ and MTQ separately. If you fail to do so, your application will be rated ineligible.
In writing your responses to the ECQs, your narrative must address each ECQ separately in the spaces provided. Each ECQ should contain at least two examples describing your experiences and accomplishments/results. Responses to ECQ's must not exceed 10 pages. It is recommended that applicants draft their ECQs in a Word document first, then cut and paste into the spaces provided following each ECQ to ensure length requirements. For additional guidance, applicants may visit the Office of Personnel Management's Guide to Senior Executive Qualifications. Applicants are encouraged to follow the Challenge, Context, Action, and Result model outlined in the guide.
MANDATORY EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs):
1. Leading Change: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (MTQs): In writing your narrative responses to the MTQs, please give examples and explain how often you used your skills, the complexity of the knowledge possessed, the level of people you interacted with, the sensitivity of the issues you handled, etc. APPLICANTS SHOULD LIMIT THEIR RESPONSES TO ONE (1) SINGLE SPACED PAGE PER EACH MTQ WITH THE FONT SIZE NO SMALLER THAN POINT 12. It is recommended that applicants draft their MTQs in a Word document first, then cut and paste into the spaces provided following each MTQ to ensure length requirements.
1. Significant appellate litigation and/or rulemaking experience in relevant or comparable areas of law that demonstrates sophisticated legal judgment.
2. Successful experience in leading and managing legal offices, components, or significant teams engaged in a broad range of client services, such as litigations, regulations and advice.
3. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement long range strategies within the organization and/or its components.
4. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with components across the organization, other government agencies as well as externally and represent the Solicitor to key individuals and groups as spokesperson for the organization.
Education for this position is a requirement and applicants must possess a J.D. You will be required to provide an original copy of your transcripts at a later time. Applicants are required to be active members of the Bar in any US State or US Territory Court under the U.S. Constitution. Documentation of Bar License will be required before selection.
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on your experience and your responses to the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) and the Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs). It is essential that your resume provide sufficient information to substantiate your responses in the self-assessment vacancy questions. If your responses are not adequately substantiated by your resume, your application will be rated ineligible.
Current/Former Career SES or SES Candidate Development graduates who have been certified by OPM must provide a narrative response to address each of the MTQ's, but need not address the ECQs. In order to successfully complete the online application process you must input the term, "noncompetitive eligible" in the text boxes for each of the ECQs. You must submit a Standard Form 50 that documents your SES Career appointment or a copy of your OPM approved SES Candidate Development Program certificate.
To preview questions please click here.