Intelligence Operations Specialist (Strategic Debriefer)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-13, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes ALL of the following: establishing and maintaining Intelligence Community (IC) contacts required for accomplishing an intelligence-based organizational mission; experience working as part of a strategic debriefing program for senior officials; and delivering written and oral presentations to senior level officials.
Examples of these activities at the GS-13 level would include:
-authoring and releasing serialized intelligence reporting for dissemination to the IC that have been cited in IC products; or
-serving as a collection management officer for an IC element; or
-debriefing senior officials related to foreign engagement and writing up those debriefings in official documents; or
-providing oral and written presentations to senior officials.
Specialized experience: For the GS-12, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes ALL of the following: Assisting in establishing and maintaining Intelligence Community (IC) contacts required for accomplishing an intelligence-based organizational mission; and delivering written and oral presentations.
Examples of these activities at the GS-12 level would include:
-providing substantive input into intelligence reporting for dissemination to the IC; or
-debriefing (or assisting others in debriefing) officials related to foreign engagement and writing up those debriefings in official documents; or
-providing oral and written presentations to element heads or to supervisors.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year trial period may be required.
- Must have, or be able to obtain and maintain, a Top Secret security clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- Must be eligible for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, A, B, or C depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Although the veteran's preference requirements of Title 5 do not apply to this Title 50 appointment authority, it is OIA's policy that meeting the "veterans' preference" criteria ("preference-eligible") shall be considered a positive factor in OIA's selection process. In all cases, preference-eligibles on the certificate(s) will be considered. However, preference-eligibles do not "float" to the top of the list of referred candidates nor have extra points added to any numerical score, and selection of a non-preference-eligible does not require "passover" procedures.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI Drug test required No