MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST/CLINICIAN (PRN)
7 days left
- Full Time
*Nurses with Psychiatric Experience are Encouraged to Apply*
Please note: The salary range above covers the Mental Health Therapist II position for a candidate who is hired without the appropriate Virginia clinical licensure. The salary range for Mental Health Therapist II (Licensed) is $30.29 - $41.30/hr.
This is a unique opportunity in a rewarding, fast-paced setting for experienced Mental Health Therapists or experienced Psychiatric Nurses to provide direct services to persons in psychiatric crisis as part of the Emergency Services team. The Department of Human Services is hiring temporary part-time professionals with experience serving persons with serious mental illness, dual diagnoses, and acute psychiatric and substance abuse related problems. These individuals come from an ethnically diverse population with a significant percentage being non-English speakers. Services are provided on-site at Sequoia Plaza and via mobile outreach within Arlington County.
To learn more about Arlington County's Behavioral Healthcare Division, please click here.
Specific clinical duties include:
- Conducting comprehensive mental status assessments, triaging as appropriate, and monitoring of clients admitted into 23-hour Office Based Crisis Stabilization Program;
- Performing hospital pre-admission screening, crisis intervention, support, and stabilization;
- Coordinating services with EMS and/or multiple agencies (e.g., police, fire, local hospital, emergency room personnel, other human service providers, etc.) to establish service linkages and to address any medical issues;
- Coordinating medication orders with BHD prescribers; and
- Documenting client progress and treatment plans in electronic management system.
- A Master's Degree in a clinical discipline such as Counseling, Psychiatric Social Work, Psychology, Psychiatric Nursing or other directly related clinical discipline which required a clinical practicum involving diagnostic and treatment services to individuals with serious mental illness; and/or
- Two years of post-Master's Degree clinical experience providing clinical therapy and other mental health services, which included the application of diagnostic and treatment services; and
- Preadmission Screening Certification is required within 12 weeks of hire. See link for details: http://www.dbhds.virginia.gov/behavioral-health/mental-health-services/protocols-and-procedures.
Desirables: Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Virginia clinical license or license eligibility as an LPC, LCSW, LCP, or LMFT;
- Preadmission Screening Certification; and/or
- Experience providing emergency/crisis services.
If hired, the selected candidate must also annually attend 12 hours of approved clinical supervision and 16 hours of continuing education units (CEU) related to the mental health field per the State of Virginia Preadmission Screening Clinician Guidelines
Applicant must possess, or obtain by the time of appointment, a valid motor vehicle operator's license from the applicant's place of residence or the applicant must have the ability and willingness to use alternative methods of transportation to perform assigned duties and responsibilities at locations other than the primary worksite. If the applicant possesses or acquires a license, the applicant must provide or authorize Arlington County to obtain a copy of the applicant's official state/district driving record. Any offer of employment may be contingent on a favorable review of the applicant's driving record.
A pre-hire background check will be made on all candidates who are selected for employment. It may include checks of the following: criminal record, driving record, education, professional licensure, and credit history. You may be required to sign a release authorizing the County to obtain your background information.
Selected candidates must complete pre-hire federal background check and State of Virginia Central Registry Check.
Work Hours: The PRN work schedule is based upon the needs of the program. Most coverage is needed on weekends and overnight. A one shift per week is the minimum commitment when applying for this position. Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate flexibility and availability.
The successful candidate must accept a work schedule to include regular overnight and weekend shifts as well as holiday shifts on a rotating basis.
Your responses to the supplemental questionnaire are considered part of the selection process. Please do not enter "see resume" as a response to the questions. Each section of the application must be completed. A resume may be attached; however, it will not substitute for the completed application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.