Public Relations and Marketing Specialist III
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Corporate and Foundation Relations Associate
The George Mason University, Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations is looking for a Corporate and Foundation Relations Associate position.
The Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations is charged with generating private philanthropic support for the University as well as engendering strong alumni relationships through creative programming and compelling communications. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Supports the Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) team along the full donor engagement process, from identification through stewardship
- Conducts prospect research for corporations and foundations on a routine basis
- Supports the creation of fundraising strategies for academic programs as needed
- Assists with management of a portfolio of corporate and foundation donors
- Collaborates with CFR staff in building strategic relationships with internal and external partners
- Implements and manages intake process to respond to inquiries from the campus community and external constituencies
- Assists with developing, recording and formalizing systems and processes for corporate and foundation relations, including tracking submitted and upcoming funding opportunities
- Assists with proposal development, including copyediting, formatting, and submission
- Maintains future CFR website Required Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously
- Knowledge of project planning, development, and monitoring
- Knowledge of strategies and technologies that allow business to be conducted via the web
- Practices that describe results in measurable ways to assist in making business decisions
- Strong online research capabilities
- Ability to use of office support, desktop tools (Word, e-mail, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal to moderate supervision
- Ability to assist with generating and maintaining productive relationships with internal and external partners
- Strong collaborative skills and a team-focused approach is crucial in this role that supports the colleges, departments, and other units that comprise the GMU campus Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous knowledge of Database Management Software (Advance) or other CRM.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :