Editorial Assistant - The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) is the National Academy of Science's official peer-reviewed journal of original scientific research. Since its establishment in 1914, it publishes cutting-edge research reports, commentaries, reviews, perspectives, colloquium papers, and actions of the Academy. Coverage in PNAS spans the biological, physical, and social sciences.
Essential job duties include
1. Correspond with staff, authors, Academy Members and reviewers.
2. Remind editors and reviewers of deadlines.
3. Collect author revisions.
4 Notify author of manuscript acceptance or rejection.
5. Process editorial changes and resubmissions.
6. Perform a variety of clerical and administrative tasks such as composing correspondence and answering the telephone.
NONESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Related duties as required.
• Special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to solve intellectual problems using selection and applications of commonly used rules, procedures, and precedents.
Experience working in complex environments with a high degree of organizational effectiveness.
Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
Ability to develop relationships with co-workers and employees in other PNAS departments.
Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent knowledge.
Minimum Experience: Two years of related experience.Employee Type:EmployeeScheduled Weekly Hours:37.5City/State:Washington, District of Columbia