Campus Access Svcs Supervisor (S03164)
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitleCampus Access Svcs Supervisor (S03164)
Job Description SummaryMontgomery College, Takoma Park Silver Spring Campus, has an immediate need for a full-time Campus Access Services Supervisor, S03164, in the Library. The normal work schedule is Monday - Friday, 9:00am-5:30pm and may vary by semester based on the needs of the department. The position is exempt and non-bargaining.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
The Montgomery College Library facilitates student success by collaborating with the College community in the creation and delivery of innovative services in a culture of excellence and accountability. The Montgomery College Library has three libraries on three different campuses. This position provides oversight to access services on one campus. The Campus Access Services Supervisor is responsible for ensuring effective service-oriented management of access services, including the daily operations, long term planning of circulation services and the single service desk, information services, course reserves and stacks management operations, routine patron IT support and access in the library, fines and fees, and assuring facility maintenance and security. Makes recommendations to improve the quality of services and contributes to and participates in collegewide library planning and decision making.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manages service desk operations at the Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus library.
- Assures a Common Employee Experience for library employees, and Common Patron Experience for library users.
- Schedules employees and student employees to ensure the service desk is staffed continuously. Assures library is open during scheduled hours.
- Assures standardized procedures and practices are followed for in-person and virtual services.
- Interprets and communicates MC and library policies, procedures, processes and practices; makes appropriate referrals, mediates and follow up on issues that arise.
- Provides in-person and virtual services to library users.
- Supervises, coaches, mentors, trains and evaluates the performance of five access services specialists, and student employees.
- Implements standardized procedures and practices for stacks maintenance.
- Works collaboratively with other College units to coordinate complementary student support services.
- Participates in assessment activities within the division. Assures that statistics are gathered and reported.
- With Access Services Associate Director and other Access Services Supervisors plans for and implements improvements to library aesthetics, furniture and space planning.
- Collaborates with Public Safety and Emergency Management to assure a safe and secure environment.
- Collaborates with Facilities to assure facility is maintained and to implement improvements.
- Collaborates on system implementations, system upgrades, catalog maintenance projects, patron database management and other technology initiatives necessary for Access Services.
- Assures ARES course reserves system is effectively utilized at Takoma Park/Silver Spring campus.
- Manages student employee and supplies budgets and assures sound stewardship of allocated funds.
- Provides effective programming, displays and events to add intellectual and co-curricular vibrancy to the College.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Three years of experience working in access services, including public services, in an academic library; including one year in an access services supervisory position.
- Experience with full range of operations in an integrated library system as it relates to circulation functionality and database infrastructure.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Experience with Voyager ILS, ARES, Pharos, Gimlet software
- Expertise working with Blackboard
- Experience with programming, displays and events
- Experience in configuring, testing and releasing access services systems (ex: interlibrary loan, course reserves, integrated library systems)
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- Online applications must be received by November 12, 2018.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid leave for vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace.
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.Closing DateMonday, November 12, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.