Zeiders is seeking a Recruiting Specialist with a strong bias for action, who has a mission for service and wants to connect qualified candidates who are as passionate about our mission as we are to deliver service excellence.
The successful individual will manage the full life cycle of recruiting to successfully convert candidates to employees who are aligned with our Core Values by performing a wide variety of functions with operational excellence. This person must be a team player and take direction quickly to be able to work independently.
This person will work as a full-time employee of Zeiders Enterprises (Zeiders) at the corporate headquarters in Woodbridge, VA. The Human Resources department is fast paced, team oriented and passionate about our mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reduces time to fill positions throughout the organization to find the best qualified candidate in the shortest time available.
- Business Partner - Confers with management and supervisors to identify personnel needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, and skills; Writes job descriptions or reviews and edits job descriptions written by others. Works with hiring managers to close their position as soon as practical.
- Strategic Sourcing - Develops and maintains network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates; utilizes Internet online recruiting sources to identify and recruit candidates; develops and maintains contacts with schools, alumni groups, and other public organizations to find and attract applicants;
- Brand Ambassador - Coordinates and participates in job fairs and makes public presentations at schools, organizations, and job fairs regarding the organization and opportunities. Institute best practices for proactive needs (Job fairs, Vets Initiatives, Diversity Initiates, Annual Large source best practices).
- High Volume Applicant Management - Reviews applications in accordance with OFCCP guidelines; Screens and refers candidates for additional interviews with others in organization; Provides information on company facilities and job opportunities to potential applicants; and coordinates communications with applicants.
- Convey our Value Proposition - Write and place job advertising in various media; evaluate talent acquisition needs and proactively identify new methods to seek out top talent.
- Applicant Tracking System (ATS) Management - Ensure the system meets our business needs and process; oversight of our ATS to ensure alignment with compliance and audit recruiters performance in system. Audit/Approves offer letters; run reports out of the system and ensure it is aligned with our recruiting process. Provide coaching and training with the generalists when needed.
- Support Business Objectives – Responsible for performing and analyzing reports as it relates to our talent acquisition Key Performance Indicators. They include but are not limited to weekly openings, diversity recruitment evaluation, alumni recruiting methods and referral program management.
- Other duties as assigned
There are no people supervisory responsibilities for this job.
This person is responsible for the management of our recruiting process and must communicate with business partners and team mates in a productive manner to ensure success.
Required Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university in HR or related field coupled with +2 years recruiting experience; OR 5+ years recruiting experience.
- Strong Microsoft office experience; specifically with Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Government Security Clearance
- Working knowledge of OFCCP compliance and laws surrounding employment.
- PHR, AIRS, DDI or NAPS Certificate.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Travel not expected to exceed 10% - travel as necessary to achieve corporate objectives (i.e. job fairs).