Manager, Moonshot Studio and Experience Design
Duties and Responsibilities:
65% REACH Moonshot Studio Administration and Logistics
Manages projects and timelines for the Moonshot Studio, including programming activities, preparing a calendar of events, and the hiring and management of teaching artists and volunteers. Develops and disseminates RFPs for Moonshot Studio programming and exhibit design.
Prepares Moonshot Studio budget and participates in budget planning for departmental activities. Gathers and analyzes statistics from the field and develops goals in support of the strategic plan for the Moonshot Studio and performance-related experience design. Instructs staff, teaching artists, volunteers, and the public on programming, tools, technology, and activities in the Learning Lab. Researches, recommends, and designs the content for the Moonshot Studio's bi-monthly learning units, including identifying necessary equipment/supplies and space modifications to achieve Moonshot Studio curricular goals.
25% Wrap-around Programming and Experience Design
Works in collaboration with the Theater Education, Music Education, Dance Education, and Digital Learning teams to design, develop, and implement performance-inspired and standalone interactive experiences. Supports and collaborates with various Education departments, the Vice President of Campus Planning, and other divisions to support the institutional mission and initiatives related to exhibits/installations, program planning, outreach, events, visitor engagement, and other educational activities.
7% Marketing, Communication, and Outreach
Works with the Marketing, Public Relations, Digital Learning, School and Community Programs, and Education Operations teams to promote the Moonshot Studio through written, oral, video, web, and social media communication. Develops and maintains contacts with organizations, individuals, and others to participate and partner in Learning Lab activities.
3% Other Projects and Programs
Supports divisional and departmental activities, conferences, events, projects and programs, as needed.
- Master's degree in arts, education, museum studies, or related field.
- Three years working in a performing arts organization, museum, or similar education organization with experience working with and teaching children and families, designing programs, and/or developing curriculum. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will also be considered.
- A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience is required.
Additional consideration will be given to candidates who also possess:
- Experience with digital learning platforms and initiatives
- Experience with community-based programming
- Experience developing programs for adult learner
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
- Knowledge of object-based learning and inquiry-based learning
- Knowledge of K-12 curriculum and core arts standards
- Strong project-planning, time-management, and organizational skills
- Ability to research, plan and implement education projects and classes for youth and adults.
- Understanding of the general processes required to hire, manage, and train educators/teaching artists to support Learning Lab and Experience Design programming
- Experience tracking materials, tools, and equipment needed for all Learning Lab programs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate in person and on the telephone. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel in order to operate computer keyboard, office equipment, and other essential tasks. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, crouch, and reach with hands and arms. This position infrequently lifts, carries, or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Must be able to work extended hours. Weekend and occasional evening work is a requirement. Work week is typically Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday.
Frequent interaction with the public.The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation's cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion. We offer a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and a 403(b) retirement plan. Back Email Apply Now