Assistant Research Scientists
The National Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center (SESYNC) seeks applications for two Assistant Research Scientist positions. These are research faculty positions through the University of Maryland. Successful candidates will be located at SESYNC’s facilities in Annapolis, MD. Each will contribute to leading, planning, organizing and managing SESYNC programs and activities primarily but not exclusively targeting young scholars. The persons hired will contribute to the development of skills and capacities to undertake original socio-environmental team synthesis research. Positions are non-tenure track for one year and are renewable contingent on continued grant funding for the center.
- Ph.D. in relevant discipline + 2 years academic work experience or postdoctoral training;
- Work experience involving socio-environmental synthesis research or teaching;
- Deep understanding of interdisciplinary team science;
- Advanced R Programming skills and/or experience with advanced qualitative data analysis;
- Strong interpersonal and speaking skills;
- Strong organization skills and the ability to initiate and manage multiple and diverse projects or activities;
- Demonstrated ability to work both as a productive member of a team and independently to deliver outcomes in a timely manner.
Preferences: Ideal candidates will have helped develop higher education interdisciplinary curricula and/or programs designed to engage early career researchers/learners. Individuals with experience in a management/administrative role in research based programs are preferred as are those with science outreach/communications experience (i.e., creating/editing films, designing brochures, developing science stories). Experience facilitating groups is a plus.
How to Apply: Submit a cover letter describing unique qualifications for position, resume, and names of three professional references as a single PDF. Apply by 5pm ET on November 6, 2018 for best consideration.