Director, Earth Science Division
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation expenses may be paid consistent with NASA's policy.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Leading Change - Involves the ability to bring about strategic change, within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People - Involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organizations vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven - Involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen - Involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions - Involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
SES Technical Qualifications:
1. Demonstrated ability in strategic formulation and leadership with complex program environments involving multiple governmental and community stakeholders. Provide examples how you have successfully met this requirement.
2. Demonstrated experience in successfully performing and actively managing research and space flight project activities, and in developing and executing programs within the framework of financial, schedule, and policy constraints. Provide examples how you have successfully met this requirement.
3. Demonstrated ability to serve as a strategic leader to, and communicator with, the domestic and international scientific and applications communities to identify and advance science priorities, space flight mission and field campaign concepts, and traditional and non-traditional partnerships. Provide examples how you have successfully met this requirement.
Candidates must possess the following basic requirements:
1.Degree: physical science, engineering, or mathematics that included 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics;
2. Combination of education and experience -- education equivalent to one of the majors shown in A above that included at least 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
PhD and at least 10 years of demonstrated experience as a researcher and/or practitioner in Earth Science and/or Applications activities involving remote sensing preferred.
Any applicant tentatively selected for this position may be required to undergo a pre-employment background investigation. This announcement is for a career appointment to a position in the NASA Senior Executive Service (SES). Persons entering the SES for the first time are subject to a one-year probationary period. A financial disclosure statement is required upon appointment into the SES. This statement will be used to avoid conflicting situations in employment through advice and counseling. Your USAJOBS account asks you to assign a name to each of your resumes. When you apply to a NASA position, we will show you the text of the resume you have submitted, but we do not maintain the name you have assigned to that resume. If you wish to keep track of that information, we recommend you make note of it at the time you apply.
Fair Employment Opportunities for Applicants
NASA Credit for National Service
Relocation expenses may be paid consistent with NASA's policy.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants will be evaluated by an Executive Resources Panel based on the managerial and technical qualification requirements stated in this announcement. Eligible candidates will be placed in qualified and highly-qualified categories. Interviews, and qualification and suitability inquiries may be requested. The highly-qualified will be referred to the appropriate official who will recommend selection.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI Drug test required Yes