Senior Advisor for the F-35 Integration Office
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
A. MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (TQs): A supplemental statement must be submitted separately addressing each TQ. TQs must provide specific examples that address relevant experience and accomplishments. Applicants should focus on recent experience, education, and training, as some Recruitment Panel and Executive Resources Board members may consider experience that's over 10 years old to be outdated. Applicants must reflect superior technical qualifications demonstrated through leadership and management in the following:
1. Authoritative knowledge of logistics management; supply chain; depot maintenance; support planning, product support and the development and implementation of sourcing strategies.
2. Leading financial management and execution of funds in support of functions vital to supply chain, maintenance, product support and contract logistics support.
3. Demonstrated leadership in the oversight of diverse industrial activities, to include senior leader engagement, use of metrics and setting, executing and managing priorities.
B. SENIOR PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants should focus on recent experience, education, and training, as some Recruitment Panel and Executive Resources Board members may consider experience that's over 10 years old to be outdated. Supplemental statement addressing the following:
1. Contributions: Achievements that impacted the organizations mission and contributed to knowledge advancements in the field of logistics (supply chain, maintenance and sustainment).
2. Leadership: Recognized leader in the application of logistics (supply chain, aircraft maintenance), as evidenced by personal impact to and enhancement of the organizations capability and scope.
3. Professional Stature: Recognized standing as indicated by memberships and activity in professional organizations and/or within the larger DoD/Industry professional community. This includes citations, honors, awards, patents, and publications and other forms of recognition, such as requests for professional consultation, which indicate acceptance by peer group as an authoritative source in the field.
C. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: The following will be used to help rate and rank candidates:
1. An advanced degree in business or related field is highly desirable.
There is no education requirement for this position.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
The following conditions of employment apply:
A. TOP SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE. Successful candidates must be able to meet the standards required for a national security clearance. Those standards are reflected in the SF 86 (www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdf). This position has been designated Critical-Sensitive and the selectee must have or be able to obtain a TOP SECRET clearance.
B. TRAVEL. Position requires travel under conditions specified in the DoD Joint Travel Regulations. Incumbent is expected to travel on short notice.
C. POST-GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS. This position may be subject to the post-government employment restrictions of Sections 207(a) and (f) of Title 18, United States Code.
D. ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY MEMBERS. On resume, indicate when you are eligible for retirement.
E. RELOCATION AUTHORIZED: Yes. Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is authorized in accordance with the Joint Travel Regulations (JTR).
F. Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants.
G. Veterans Preference will apply to this position. If you are a veteran with preference, in order to receive preference, you must provide your DD214 Member Copy 4 and VA Letter stating your service connected disability rating (if applicable).
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
Tax Law Impact for PCS: On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities, please visit: https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation%20Allowances_0.pdf
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applications will be evaluated against the foregoing qualification requirements. Failure to meet any one of the mandatory technical or senior professional qualification standards will eliminate a candidate from further consideration. A screening panel will evaluate the candidates for this position composed of a diverse mix of senior executives selected for organizational and/or functional backgrounds relevant to this position. The panel members will individually review each of the applications in terms of the qualifications criteria contained in this announcement. The qualifications stated are the minimum requirements of the position to be Qualified, a rating schedule will be applied by a screening panel to determine which candidates are considered to be Best Qualified. Then, they will meet to discuss each application, and reach a consensus decision as to the best qualified, qualified or not qualified candidates. The panel will interview all of the best-qualified candidates based upon consistently applied criteria. The panel will then make a recommendation of those best-qualified candidates who should be referred to the selecting official, in priority order. Final selection of a candidate is contingent upon the Air Force Executive Resources Board and the Under Secretary of the Air Force approval.Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes