Chief Cloud Hosting and Networks Office
Occasional travel - Up to 20% of the time to offsite service locations.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- All information is subject to verification. Applicants are advised that false answers or omissions of information on application materials or inability to meet the following conditions may be grounds for non-selection, withdrawal of an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.
- Selection for this position is contingent upon completion of OF-306, Declaration of Federal Employment during the pre-employment process and proof of U.S. citizenship for competitive status positions or conversion to a competitive status position with the Administrative Office of the US Courts. In instances where non-citizens are considered for hire into temporary or any other position with non competitive status or when it is confirmed by the AO's Human Resources Office that there are no qualified U.S. citizens for a competitive status position (unless prohibited by a law or statue), non-citizens must provide proof of authorization to work in the United States and proof of entitlement to receive compensation. Additional information on the employment of non-citizens can be found at http://ww.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/non-citizens. For a list of documents that may be used to provide proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, please refer to Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
- All new AO employees will be required to complete a FBI fingerprint-based national criminal database and records check. A background security investigation is required for all selectees. Appointment will be subject to a successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. A background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time.
- All new AO employees must identify a financial institution for direct deposit of pay before appointment.
- You will be required to serve a trial period if selected for a first-time appointment to the Federal government, transferring from another Federal agency, or serving as a first-time supervisor. Failure to successfully complete the trial period may result in termination of employment.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- All requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at the GS-15/JSP-15/CL 31/PB-2F or equivalent level, which is in or directly related to the line of work of this position. Specialized experience is demonstrated experience in an information technology managerial capacity with responsibility for providing executive leadership to a large and diverse organization, which clearly demonstrates the ability to manage people and resources. This experience must be evidenced by a mastery level of program management, strategic planning, and customer-focused service execution along with impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
(Resume must show clear and convincing evidence of all areas of specialized experience. We will not make assumptions.)
Additional Assessment: Applicants who meet the specialized experience requirements also will be assessed on the following Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQ) and Executive Core Qualifications (ECQ). A narrative response is required for each Mandatory Technical Qualification and Executive Core Qualification. A space to respond these questions will be provided in the online assessment questionnaire. Failure to address each of the required MTQ and ECQ statements will result in disqualification of your application. Please provide examples that are clear, concise, and emphasize your level of responsibilities, the scope and complexity of programs managed, program accomplishments, policy initiatives undertaken, and level of contacts. These qualifications should also be evident in your resume. Exception: Applicants currently serving under a career Senior Executive Service (SES) appointment, eligible for reinstatement into SES, or have successfully completed a SES Candidate Development Program (CDP) approved by OPM are not required to submit a narrative response for the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQ) only. If this exception applies to you, please respond "Senior Executive Service status" in the narrative textbox. Your response will be verified.
Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs):
- Success in leading an information technology services organization in the delivery of a broad array of products, innovative approaches and services to customers in an efficient way.
- Experience and expertise of industry best practices and innovations in the areas of information technology and the application of new technologies and technical approaches to address business requirements. Examples include but are not limited to: virtualization, cloud computing, database management systems, storage, virtual desktop infrastructure, wide area networks, software defined networking, voice over IP, video, and data center management.
- Skill in planning, design, development, and execution of strategic and tactical IT plans, service delivery, and infrastructure modernization programs for large, diverse organizations
1. Leading Change: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment. Leadership Competencies: Creativity & Innovation. External Awareness, Flexibility, Resilience, Strategic Thinking, Vision.
2. Leading People: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Leadership Competencies: Conflict Management, Leveraging Diversity, Developing Others, Team Building.
3. Results Driven: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Leadership Competencies: Accountability, Customer Service, Decisiveness, Entrepreneurship, Problem Solving, Technical Credibility.
4. Business Acumen: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically. Leadership Competencies: Financial Management, Human Capital Management, Technology Management.
5. Building Coalitions / Communication: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals. Leadership Competencies: Partnering, Political Savvy, Influencing/Negotiating.
The following certifications are desired but not required:
- Project Management certification (e.g. PMI, PMP)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification
The AO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. If you meet the minimum qualifications for this job, we will evaluate your application package, to assess the quality, depth, and complexity of your accomplishments, experience, and education as they relate to the requirements listed in this vacancy announcement.
You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume and/or narrative responses, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Failure to submit the mandatory narrative responses will result in not receiving full consideration and/or rating credit. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you, withdrawing an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.