Gen Admin Supv 1/Coord 1
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Project Manager, School of Business
The George Mason University, School of Business is looking for an energetic, organized and detail oriented Project Manager to support the Dean. This is a full-time classified staff position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Project Manager position has responsibilities in the following areas:
- Relationship Management which includes:
- Assisting in the management of relationships on behalf of the Dean and the School;
- Interacting with the Deanâ€™s contacts, both internally to the School and externally, in order to move forward on the Deanâ€™s agenda on behalf of the School; and
- Convene meetings and networking events as needed.
- Communications and Media which includes:
- Drafting communications on behalf of the Dean;
- Working with the School of Businessâ€™ marketing team et. al to ensure maximum exposure for the Dean and School;
- Serving as back-up to the Dean on correspondence, including prioritizing to-do items and ensuring timely responses; and
- Assisting with the accuracy and professional preparation of speeches, blogs, correspondence, papers, presentations, and other materials as needed.
- Background Research which includes:
- Conducting research on markets, networks, competition, etc., evaluating data, and preparing informal reports and feedback as needed on various topics such as new initiatives, special studies, or investigations that require analysis.
- Special Project Work:
- Managing and executing special projects and initiatives as assigned that support the strategic mission of the school;
- Working with the other members of the Deanâ€™s team to ensure accuracy, coordination, and prioritization of projects; and
- Working with other members of the Deanâ€™s team to ensure the Deanâ€™s events are well managed, conceived, and executed.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Significant experience in administration (any sector);
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks accurately under pressure;
- Must have strong, demonstrated writing skills and ability to proofread and edit copy;
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of all applications in Microsoft Office, database expertise, and e-mail and network applications;
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with others to achieve results; and
- Good citizenship and the ability to work well with colleagues. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working in a higher education environment a plus;
- MBA or similar credential (e.g. MSM) a plus;
- Excellent communication, analytical, strategic thinking and organizational skills; and
- Proactive problem solving skills, attention to detail, ability to motivate, and ability to learn new tasks quickly.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02867z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by November 5, 2018; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references. We will contact you directly if we require additional materials. Review of applications will begin on November 6, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :