The ARC Office of the States’ Washington Representative coordinates administrative and support functions and acts as a liaison between ARC, the States, and other related entities. This position is located in Washington, DC (Dupont Circle).
This position serves as Executive Assistant to the ARC States’ Representative and Counsel in the Office of the States’ Washington Representative carrying out a wide variety of important and highly sensitive assignments of both an administrative and office management nature. The work is primarily focused on budget monitoring, managing accounting and financial transactions, personal assistance, liaison with states, coordinating travel and scheduling. Work involves serving as the primary and central point of contact between the Office, States, and other components and staff of the Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC).
This position reports to the States’ Washington Representative.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite and various other software applications such as Quickbooks, ARCnet, time and attendance, travel and appointment scheduling.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple clerical and administrative support functions and priorities while meeting various deadlines.
- Skill in managing funds related to budget and investments, including handling bank accounts, working with the accounting office and auditor and preparing invoices. Knowledge of the budget process
- Ability to use diplomacy and discretion when giving out information and referring and directing callers and visitors.
- Ability to be responsive to and to maintain effective working relationships with states offices, Governors’ Alternates, and staff at all levels within the Commission and to deal effectively with contacts from outside of the Commission.
- Skill in composing and editing correspondence ensuring proper grammar, punctuation and format.
- Verbal communication skills sufficient to effectively communicate and collaborate with a variety of individuals and in group settings
- Demonstrated ability to utilize sound judgment to make independent decisions
- Analytical, research and data gathering skills
- Prior to hire, the selectee must successfully complete a federal background investigation
- Must be bondable.
- Ability to travel (10-20%)
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to: jobsOSWR@gmail.com
EEO. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact Human Resources at 202.884.7712 or at jobsOSWR@gmail.com
Apply for Executive Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly