ILA Grassroots Intern
NRA-ILA Grassroots interns work with full time staff to advance NRA-ILA’s legislative agenda through grassroots efforts. Interns will be assigned a long-term project based on intern interests and team needs to complete during their internship. Along with their assigned project, intern duties include:
- Manage logistic and administrative needs of HQ and field coordinators through established shipping and tracking methods
- Manage grassroots inventory
- Attend and coordinate local events including gun shows, NRA University, and fairs.
- Improve and add to Frontlines database and respond to Frontlines member inquiries
- Assist with NRA-PVF campaign activities during the election cycle, including organizing volunteers and voter contact
- Attend and observe speaking events
- Complete NRA-ILA issues training to gain intimate understanding of the Second Amendment and today’s gun-control debate
Applicants should have an interest in Second Amendment issues, an understanding of NRA-ILA’s mission, strong writing and verbal skills, attention to detail, and possess knowledge of grassroots organizing. Individuals with campaign experience preferred. Schedule is limited to fewer than 30 hours per week. The internship will begin January 7, 2019 and go through May 17, 2019.
Applications for the Spring Internship Program should be submitted by December 1st.
The NRA is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (minority/women/disabled).