Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- You must be a United States Citizen, subject to the exceptions enumerated at http://www.uscourts.gov/careers.
- Selectee must favorably complete a background investigation.
- Relatives of Center staff members may not be employed at the Center in any capacity.
- All requirements must be met for full consideration.
- A Bachelor's degree.
- At least 2 years of relevant internship or employment experience.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- High level of self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to write clearly.
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Facility with online research.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Strong computer and technology skills, including the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite programs.
A Bachelor's degree.
Federal government benefits are applicable. An array of supplemental benefits are also offered including a transportation subsidy and a flexible benefit program allowing for pre-tax deductions for health insurance, health care, dependent care, and commuter expenses. The FJC is located in the Thurgood Marshall Building, conveniently situated to public transportation directly beside Union Station. The Marshall Building houses a child development center and a health fitness facility for its tenants.
This position does not carry the tenure rights of positions in the competitive civil service.
This is a term, one-year position with the possibility of extension at the Center's discretion. The starting salary is set at $51,065. This position falls in the Center's pay band III which has a salary range up to $95,737; not all incumbents in pay band III positions can expect to reach the top of the range. For the successful candidate who is not currently a member of the Center staff, a higher starting salary, but not to exceed $53,618, may be considered based upon the successful candidate's current salary. For the successful internal candidate earning less than the starting range minimum, his/her salary will be brought up to the range minimum of $51,065. If the successful internal candidate's salary falls above the range minimum that salary will be matched up to his/her current salary.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview.Read more Security clearance Not Applicable Drug test required No