Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Additional Conditions of Employment:
-Subject to Random Drug Testing
-Must pass pre-employment drug test
-Favorable suitability determination
-Financial Disclosure may be required
-Verification of our identity and employment eligibility under the provisions of Employment Verification (E-Verify)
-Compliance with Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD-12) governing personal identity which will require that you provide two forms of identification
-A one year probationary period required
• You must be a United States Citizen.
• This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
• Males must abide by Selective Service registration requirements.
• You must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance
• This position requires Random Drug Testing
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
NQ-04: A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (NQ/NN-03 or GS-14) in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
Experience advising an agency/organizations senior management team on programs, policies, and procedures in relation to defense nuclear security policies, programs, or activities.
Experience facilitating executive decision making on critical defense nuclear security programs, and polices issues.
Experience coordinating organizational strategic initiatives to improve the efficiency or function of programs or processes.
Experience managing and directing a large and complex staff responsible for technical defense nuclear security mission and policy requirements.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
- Mastery of the application of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of program effectiveness and comprehensive knowledge of the range of basic administrative laws, policies, regulations, and precedents applicable to the administration of the agency/organizations program.
- Mastery of the Nuclear Weapons Program, the Nuclear Security Enterprise and the responsibilities of its various officials, components, and activities to provide advice, analysis and recommendations on program operations, policies, requirements and objectives to make recommendations and assign projects to the appropriate senior management officials.
- Expert ability to collect, analyze, organize, synthesize, and present information succinctly and clearly in order to effectively explain and justify complex program operations and management issues to stakeholders, customers and regulators with multi-disciplinary and varying levels of management responsibility and technical expertise.
- Expert oral communication skills in order to make clear and convincing presentations sufficient to explain, defend, clarify, negotiate, justify recommendations, and provide expert programmatic advice and guidance.
"Experience" refers to paid and unpaid experience. Examples of qualifying unpaid experience may include: volunteer work done through National Service programs (such as Peace Corps and AmeriCorps); as well as work for other community-based philanthropic and social organizations. Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills; and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
For this position education cannot be substituted for experience.
- The U.S. Department of Energy fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit the links at the bottom of this page or visit the FedsHireVets website.
- More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
- Some positions may require completion of a probationary period of up to 1 (one) year.
- Many positions require successful completion of a background investigation.
- All males born after December 31st 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
EEO Policy: Click HERE.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy: Click HERE.
Veterans Information: Click HERE.
Telework: Click HERE.
Selective Service Registration: Click HERE.
Information about the NNSA Demonstration project can be found by clicking HERE.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be rated by our application system using the Category Rating procedure. A quality review will then be conducted by the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME). Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education (if applicable to the job), and training described in your online resume/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. The quality categories are usually defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified" and "Qualified". Veterans Preference eligibles will be listed at the top of whichever category your score places you in. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at GS-9 and higher.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Q - Sensitive Drug test required Yes