Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choice.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date
5. One or two year trial period may be required.
6. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses may be paid: NO
7. Bargaining Unit Position: NO
8. Drug Screening Required: NO
9. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: NO
10. Student loan repayment incentive may be authorized: NO
Basic Requirements: Applicants must possess a Bachelor's or graduate/higher level degree: major study in an academic field related to the medical field, health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position. This degree must be from an educational program from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
Additional Qualification Requirements: In addition to the basic requirement, a Ph.D. or other earned doctorate is required plus four (4) years appropriate post-doctoral medical, health, research experience. (Career civil service equivalent GS-14)
Documenting experience: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the "percentage of times" the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through national Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to gain employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. If such experience is on a part-time basis, you must provide the average number of hours worked per week as well as the beginning and ending dates of the experience so it can be fully credited.
This position has an education requirement. You must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package; however, official transcripts will be required prior to receiving an official offer. Failure to submit transcripts or indicate college courses information will cause loss of consideration for this position.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
This is an Excepted Service position under Title 42. Applications will be accepted from all groups of qualified persons (i.e., U.S. Citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents. No previous federal experience is required. This appointment does not confer any entitlement to conversion to a position in the competitive service.
Reasonable Accommodation: This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact either HRSA's Office of Human Resources at (301) 443-3780 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or HRSA's Reasonable Accommodation programs at (301) 443-2538 or by email: RA-Request@hrsa.gov. You must contact the Reasonable Accommodations Program prior to the closing date of this announcement to receive assistance. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Hours of operation: Monday through Friday 7:30AM to 4:00PM EST (except Federal holidays).
Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE-450 form) is required. The Ethics Reform Act of 1989, Executive Order 12674, and 5 C.F.R. Part 2634, Subpart I, require individuals who are assigned to certain designated positions in the Executive Branch of the Federal Government, to file an annual Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE-450 Form). Please be advised that you will receive an OGE-450 form and it is required that you complete and return this form. A formal official job offer cannot be extended until you have submitted this form and been cleared by AHRQ's ethics officials. As an AHRQ employee, you will also be required to file an annual Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE-450). In addition, you may be required to: (1) divest of certain financial interests, or (2) maintain certain financial interests below the de minimis levels of: (1) $15,000 (individual stock) and (2) $50,000 (stocks or sector-specific mutual/exchange traded fund combined). 5 C.F.R. 2640.202.
Beginning January 1, 2010, agencies must seek prior approval from OPM before they can appoint a current or recent political appointee to a competitive or non-political excepted service position at any level under the provisions of title 5, United States Code. If you are currently or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, or Non-career SES employee in the executive branch, you MUST disclose that to the Human Resources Office.
The Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that all male applicants born after 12/31/59 who are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, be registered or they are not eligible for appointment to this position. For further information concerning Selective Service requirements, please visit http://www.sss.gov/.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in the vacancy announcement may result in your ineligibility for this position.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No