Office of Marketing
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 2.1
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Marketing Manager in the Office of Marketing. Reporting to the Senior Marketing Communications Manager, the Marketing Manager will help in the execution of day-to-day marketing initiatives, ensuring that all outputs are within campaign, accurate, on-time, on budget and successfully uphold all marketing, university and brand identity standards.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Serves as the stakeholder coordinator and effectuate marketing and advertising strategies established for the success of UMUC business units. Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with university stakeholders, external and internal agencies and creative teams, and internal production staff, to ensure the highest level of support, service quality, and strategic direction.
- Communicates stakeholder objectives and tactical plans across teams.
- Develop creative briefs and implement tactical initiatives for the Marketing Communications and Creative Planning teams, and their key stakeholders.
- Contribute to biweekly meetings with key stakeholders to explore marketing opportunities and track progress of existing projects.
- Assists in the development and execution of marketing materials including, but not limited to TV, radio, print, email, out-of-home, digital and collateral, ensuring the overall satisfaction of stakeholder and university objectives.
- Coordinate awareness campaigns, such as National Military Appreciation Month and Veterans' Day.
- Collaborate with various departments on production of annual collateral.
- Employ project management software, Workfront, to request, track and provide feedback for projects.
- Create and track campaigns in Salesforce.
- Act as internal liaison and develop reporting process to assist in prioritizing projects.
- Establish/obtain and evaluate campaign tracking and performance analysis.
- Creates internal and external stakeholder reports, presentations, archives, and other administrative duties as directed.
- Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3-4 years of marketing experience.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Must know and understand advanced features of Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and high level of customer service skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in higher education industry a plus.
- Experience collaborating with internal creative team or outside agencies and vendors a plus.
- Familiarity the creative process, the ability to effectively communicate art and project directions, and the ability to successfully maintain collaborative working relationships with clients and external venders or constituents.
- HTML knowledge preferred.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.