Information Technology Specialist 2
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
IT Project Manager
Posting updated: Previous applicants still under active consideration
The George Mason University Information Technology Services department-located on the Fairfax, Va., campus- invites applications for an IT Project Manager position within the Enterprise Service Delivery, Portfolio and Project Management Office (PPMO) team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The IT Project Manager will work as part of the PPMO team providing IT Project Management and Business Analysis support and guidance for Information Technology Projects.
The IT Project Manager will lead Information Technology projects while fostering business relationships with project stakeholders and ITS customers across the University.
The successful candidate will bring experience leading IT projects in large and complex organizations and in assisting customers with business processes related to management of IT projects. The IT Project Manager works with other project managers to manage IT projects using the IT Project Management Framework and serves as a liaison of the ITS organization, assisting with the capture of portfolio and project lifecycle information using project templates, monitoring the progress and deliverables in the IT Project portfolio, preparing communications, and assisting ITS Portfolio Owners.
- Lead ITS projects through the project management lifecycle;
- Complete all project-management related documentation and deliverables;
- Develop and manage relationships with ITS Customers;
- Develop, monitor and manage the project schedule;
- Work with ITS and functional office staff to help gather requirements for their IT projects; and
- Research potential solutions and gather information from applicable ITS areas.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in business, computer science, information technology, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Strong written and verbal communications skillsâ€”the ability to craft and deliver a message to audiences ranging from staff to executive level management;
- Knowledge of and experience with an IT project management lifecycle;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Experience with identifying, capturing, and developing user requirements and analysis;
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Project, or other project-management related software;
- Excellent attention to detail and superb organization skills;
- Must be eligible to receive unclassified technical data pursuant to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations; and
- Must be able to successfully complete a criminal background check.
- Working knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) service management and related concepts;
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification; and
- ITIL Certification (Foundation or above); and
- Experience with Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) Controls.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02853z at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information to include email address and phone number.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date : 2018-11-30