Manager of Digital Communication and Research
Job Category : Research Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Manager of Digital Communication and Research
The Medical Society Consortium on Climate and Health (Consortium) is recruiting a Manager of Digital Communication and Research. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Consortium is an organization of twenty-two medical societies representing 550,000 physicians, which has come together to communicate with the public and policymakers about the health harms associated with climate change and the benefits of climate solutions. The Mission and Consensus statements of the Consortium and the resources it offers to physicians may be viewed at https://medsocietiesforclimatehealth.org. The Consortium seeks to increase the capacity of individual physicians, national medical societies, and their state chapters to address the extraordinary challenge to human health represented by climate change. Capacity building includes education about the causes, impacts, and mechanisms by which climate change is affecting human health, the best practices for communicating about climate change, the options for protecting vulnerable people from adverse health effects of climate change, and for slowing future climate change by advancing solutions. The current staff of the Consortium includes an Executive Director, an Operations Manager, a State Project Manager, a Digital Communication and Research Manager and communication consultants. The offices of the Consortium are based at George Mason University in Fairfax, VA.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Digital Communication and Research Manager reports directly to the Operations Manager and manages digital communications for the Consortium, and research on the digital communication;
- Plans and supervises the ongoing development, maintenance and revision of the Consortium website in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization;
- Develops research projects related to digital communication;
- Guides the development of the visual appearance of Consortium printed and electronic materials, newsletters, email campaigns, advertising, and related tasks;
- Works with members of affiliated state groups to assist in development of their digital goals and objectives;
- Translates marketing objectives into creative strategies;
- Guides creative consultants in the production of marketing material;
- Guides digital visual communication and brand standards of the Consortium team;
- Reviews work, troubleshoots and provide feedback to team members;
- Works collaboratively with other members of the Consortium management and communication teams to exercise the above responsibilities.
- An intimate understanding of design, copy, database, web best practices/guidelines, and digital research methods;
- Experience with a variety of technical languages and software, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Lightroom, WordPress, Wagtail, MailChimp, Qualtrics, HTLM, SQL, SAS, SPSS, etc.;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts;
- Comfort interacting with clients and internal staff alike;
- Masters degree, or bachelors degree and equivalent work experience. Preferred Qualifications:
- Public Health degree is desirable;
- Experience with climate change is preferred. Working Conditions:
- The Digital Communication Manager role may be divided between telework and on-site work in the office environment at George Mason University and in the field for selected events;
- The Digital Manager works five days per week on average and may be required to work some evenings and weekends on scheduled program activities or events.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, CV, resume, and writing sample.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :