Principal Product Development Manager, Media
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Transform the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. Assist in bringing new products through the Product Development Lifecycle. Work through ideation, definition, planning and business case development of Intelsat's managed media services portfolio. Help define market segments & opportunities, benchmark against competitive marketplace, develop business models, establish benchmarks and KPIs, execute and deliver on approved projects, lead cross-organizational and vendor communication.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Work closely with Corporate Strategy and Global/Regional Sales to identify market opportunities, benchmark competitive offerings, recommend partnership opportunities and industry trends that will impact the future of the Media industry.
- Articulate product strategies and go-to-market plans to appropriate internal and external forums. Includes regular and consistent interfacing with Finance, Operations, Yield Management (Pricing), Sales and Marketing.
- Build and manage processes related to product development inception, including the creation, management and documentation of product requirements and associated deliverables.
- Create new product training materials, sales and marketing collateral material. Facilitate training sessions on new products as needed.
Can you drive these processes?
Seek out, develop and maintain strategic internal and external partnerships that will drive the development of new media products, ensure alignment on product roadmap, GTM product positioning and sales strategies.
Coordinate regular and consistent communication of product roadmap with internal stakeholders. Develop and maintain global marketplace feedback loop to ensure roadmap is aligned with market opportunity and demand.
You should definitely have:
- A Bachelor's degree and at least 5-years of strong product management experience including developing and executing effective product plans and strategies (or a graduate degree and 3-years of experience matching the prior descriptions will be considered)
- Thorough knowledge of the economics and operations of digital media through terrestrial network channels, specifically as relates to content prep, distribution to edge locations/CDNs.
- Experience developing products from inception to launch, includes interfacing with the engineering, operations and sales teams, and a thorough understanding of the businesses of Media customers across key verticals:
- Experience working with a broadcaster, MVPD, DTT/DTH operator, CDN, equipment provider, or other related company providing services to the Media industry.
- Understanding of financial concepts to assist in business case development.
- Ability to identify and articulate how value gets created and refined within a value chain.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel, and project management software and tools (e.g.; JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, Asana).
- Experience working in matrixed organization preferred.
- Capacity and desire to lead cross-functional teams to shared goals.
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills.
It would be nice if you had:
- Your Bachelor's degree in a Bachelor's degree in business, technology or engineering
- Knowledge of satellite and wireless technologies.
- Experience working in a global company.
- A Graduate degree, particlarly in business, technology or engineering.
- Additional years of experience.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.