Project Coordinator / Development Manager
Responsible for senior-level project management of large, complex and high profile wastewater treatment, collection and transmission, sanitary sewer, and pump station projects. Duties are:
- Provides the planning, engineering and financial assessment. throughout the conceptual, preliminary and final design and construction phases.
- Plays a lead role in providing strategic leadership for ongoing process improvement and organizational development.
- Prepares and evaluates detailed total project cost estimates.
- Leads a team of engineers, technicians, inspectors, and consultants performing design and construction administration duties on large complex projects.
- Manages established capital project budgets; negotiates and manages architect/engineer contracts; assures conformance with contracting and project management SOP's.
- Oversees management of development contracts for construction.
- Provides proactive project management to establish and manage project schedules for design and construction, assuring high-level quality control for design documents and construction work.
- Ensures projects are completed within budget, on time, and are constructed to the highest quality standards.
- Makes public and senior management level presentations.
- Reviews plans and specifications for compliance with all local, state and federal code requirements; prepares value engineering studies; evaluates projects for energy conservation, environmental considerations, and operational and maintenance requirements.
- Assists with the development of capital improvement programs and the capital budget.
- Prepares project and development budgets and schedules.
- Extensive experience as a team leader working on large complex wastewater projects.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of construction management, bidding, claims mitigation, contract negotiations, quality control, scheduling, project close-out.
- Information technology skills including use of Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Demonstrates expertise in managing multiple capital projects concurrently
- A valid driver's license is required.
*Note: This position is scheduled to work 30 hours per week (not to exceed 1560 hours per calendar year). Individuals in these positions are eligible for limited employee benefits, including medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage, and participation in flexible spending programs, but are not eligible to earn leave or receive holiday pay.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Is required to complete a criminal background check and credit check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Note: Ability to perform field inspections at development sites, project construction sites or potential sites for future facilities.
With or without reasonable accommodation. Ability to perform field inspections at development sites, project construction sites or potential sites for future facilities.
To Apply: Send your resume to Mohamed Madih at Mohamed.Madih@fairfaxcounty.gov.