Financial Management Specialist NF-04
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
1. Must have six(6) months demonstrable work experience preparing operating budgets, administration of payroll and conducting financial analysis on Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) Financial Statements to determine variances, trends, and projections.
2. Must have knowledge applying the theories, principles, practices, and techniques of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
3. Must have facilitated at least one (1) complete Management Internal Controls Program (MICP) to ensure compliance with Army Regulations.
4. Must have knowledge and experience designing and managing recurring reports and electronic databases.
5. Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise, and grammatically correct manner.
CANDIDATES WILL BE RANKED AGAINST THE HIGHLY QUALIFIED CRITERIA. ONLY THE MOST HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE INITIALLY REFERRED. IF MANAGEMENT DOES NOT SELECT A HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATE, THEY MAY REQUEST AN ADDITIONAL REFERRAL LIST. HIGHLY QUALIFIED CRITERIA FOR THIS POSITION ARE:
1. Must have six (6) months experience reconciliation of accounts receivables and payables for accuracy and timeliness of transactions
2. Must have six (6) months demonstrable work experience conducting disinterested inventories of resale, prepaid supplies and reconciliation of Cost of Goods (COGs)
To be evaluated as a highly preferred candidate, your resume MUST clearly reflect ALL knowledge and experience listed under the highly qualified criteria above.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00pm (EST) on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)