National Testing Center Program Manager (NTC PM)
National Testing Center Program Manager (NTC PM)
Multiple Locations (Stateside)
Department of Stateside Military Operations (SMO)
Exempt, Contingent II, 100% Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.3
University of Maryland University College seeks a National Testing Center Program Manager (NTC PM). Reporting to the Associate Director, CRM and NTC Operations in SMO, the National Testing Center Program Manager for the Largo office will serve primarily as a floater position in the Baltimore/DC/VA Metro area and may be required to provide temporary coverage for personnel gaps and transitions at NTCs across the Stateside footprint. This is a non-supervisory position.
The National Testing Center Program Manager for the Largo office will serve primarily as a floater position in the Baltimore/DC/VA Metro area and may be required to provide temporary coverage for personnel gaps and transitions at the NTCs across the Stateside footprint. This is a non-supervisory position.
This includes acting as the primary NTC staff at the Curtis Bay NTC at Dorsey Station; providing weekly support at the NSA-Fort Meade NTC and the Joint Base Andrews NTC. This position will work closely with the military education center at the respective military installations to serve prospective and current students and facilitate hybrid class offerings and testing services to military/veteran and civilian students. The NTC PM is responsible for serving students via advising, administrative support, recruitment/retention outreach and test proctoring services for students served by the respective military installation and the surrounding area. Additionally, this position will coordinate with the Associate Director to explore new testing opportunities at the stateside NTCs; and assist with outreach initiatives to promote UMUC programs through the NTCs.
Evening hours and travel as needed are required. Ability to obtain and maintain campus/base access for NSA-Fort Meade and all other UMUC base locations is required for this position.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Act as the primary NTC staff assigned at the Curtis Bay NTC at Dorsey Station; provide weekly support at the NSA-Fort Meade NTC and the Joint Base Andrews NTC; and provide coverage at all stateside NTCs as needed to include sites outside of the Washington DC - Baltimore Metro Area.
- Build relationships with Education Services Officers and Testing Services Officers to promote UMUC new testing programs.
- Manage the review and update of NTC related print collateral. Ensure all posted printed marketing materials are current and accurate and in adherence to military requirements. Coordinate the distribution of updated materials to stateside NTCs.
- Serve as back-up Master Site Administrator (MSA) for each of the testing services at the stateside NTCs.
- Serve as back-up point of contact for each of the testing services such as CLEP, DSST and Pearson VUE and additional services as required and if applicable.
- Coordinate with the Associate Director to implement new testing initiatives at the stateside NTCs.
- Research and liaise with stateside NTC Coordinators to address new testing requirements.
- Collaborate with the Associate Director and make recommendations for training needs and business process improvements.
- Manage the preparation of the monthly attendance forms and reports for all stateside NTCs.
- Manage the maintenance, tracking of statistical data and payments at all stateside NTCs.
- Provide students with superior customer service as an advocate and advisor throughout the academic cycle. Promote and support localized UMUC services to include hybrid classes, testing services, and graduation ceremonies as assigned at military installations and civilian sites where relevant. Provide operational and administrative duties as needed to ensure offices and test centers (if applicable) are properly maintained by the standards set by the military education center officers.
- Maintain and expand knowledge and proficiency with UMUC systems to include all customer relationship management (CRM) databases to include Salesforce, Peoplesoft, and DMS.
- Support Associate Director with creating, coordinating, and providing consistent outreach projects and services to military and civilian installations as assigned. Provide proactive input and creative support at local events to include Military Open Houses, College/Academic Fairs, and other specialized events held in assigned geographic areas.
- At the site, oversee applicable office resources and coordinate with the Associate Director to request support for all IT assets and office supplies as needed. Ensure posted printed marketing materials are current and accurate and displayed attractively and in adherence to military requirements.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the Education Services Officer (ESO), Test Control Officer (TCO), Specialists/Counselors (our military partners) and various testing services. Provide academic officers with periodic briefings as allowed to update military representatives on UMUC programs of interest.
- Provide assistance to students that walk in, call, or email for admissions, registration, financial aid, student account information, National Testing Center information, and base access requests for classes.
- Track and analyze site's statistical data on testing and class enrollments to provide input on scheduling for hybrid classes and proctoring.
- Ensure the test center and hybrid classes are provided with adequate space and needed technologies for testing and class instruction. Make sure professors have base access and are briefed on UMUC base requirements in accordance with compliance on base security.
- Ensure civilian students and professors are adequately prepared to attain base access for class allowing enough time to acquire needed passes and access. Must be available to start the first class(es) and last class(es) of each session, every semester, at locations that offer hybrid classes to provide students with guidance and professors with keys (or pick up keys) as needed.
- Must attend local and national events, education fairs, conferences (includes annual commencement ceremony as applicable in geographic area).
- Provide the Education Services Officer (ESO), Test Control Officer (TCO) and UMUC management prompt communication of any issues affecting staffing and test administration.
- Assist with the registration process for administered exams at NTCs such as CLEP, DSST, Pearson VUE, Accuplacer and additional exams as required and if applicable.
- Ensures testing rules and regulations are being enforced according to the policies of the respective testing services, DANTES, and UMUC. Maintain current Test Administrator certifications for the various testing companies such as CLEP, DSST and Pearson VUE and additional exams as required and if applicable.
- Facilitate testing services software updates and maintenance; troubleshoot technical issues with the testing services support and UMUC IT as needed and if applicable.
- Manage the testing services and IT maintenance calendar. Manage the stateside NTCs IT inventory.
- Provide coverage to other locations to provide testing services and/or academic advising on an as needed basis with very limited notice. This is to include extended leave coverage at all stateside UMUC NTCs. Maintain knowledge of multiple sites' requirements and operations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and a minimum of one year experience working in a higher education environment, preferably with non-traditional students. A minimum of one year experience working in testing center environment; preferably with CLEP, DSST and/or Pearson VUE. Outstanding customer service skills with both internal and external customers required. Possess strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks. Ability to proficiently use MS Office: specifically Google forms and sheets.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
General knowledge of UMUC practices and procedures preferred. Experience working with the military or military students, preferably in higher education. Experience using PeopleSoft, Salesforce and Google Drive, Mail, and Apps.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.