Information Technology Specialist 2
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS) - located on the Fairfax, Va., campusâ€”invites applications for a Compliance Analyst position within the Enterprise Service Delivery, Process and Planning team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Compliance Analyst will work collaboratively with ITS coworkers, internal and external auditors, and business partners to implement and maintain the business control framework supporting a research computing environment that meets Federal standards for Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI). Additionally, the Analyst will participate in a range of assurance activities pertaining to the general ITS computing environment. Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the ITPP team, IT Security Office, and other groups to develop and implement business controls for ITS-managed services and systems
- Interpreting requirements of established control standards including NIST 800-171 and NIST 800-53 and assessing compliance with same
- Creating status reports and documentation for compliance activities, assisting with development of policy and procedures, and coordinating third-party audits and audit response activities
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in a technical field, or equivalent combination of education, work experience and training;
- Solid understanding of common IT security standards, including NIST SP 800-53, NIST Risk Management Framework and related publications and how to apply them;
- Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly acquire, integrate, and analyze information, formulate appropriate plans of action, and follow through to a successful conclusion;
- Working knowledge of common Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder), and successfully complete a criminal background check as required by federal law.
- Previous direct working experience performing audits or security assessments, analyzing processes, and/or identifying and implementing process improvements;
- Understanding of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) concepts and practices;
- Working knowledge of Visio or similar drawing tools;
- ISC2 Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) or ISACA Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification;
- CompTIA Security+, ISC2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or similar basic security certification; and
- ITIL Foundations certification.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 02854z at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information to include email address and phone number.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date : 2018-11-09