Talent Acquisition Assistant
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Human Resources Assistant
The George Mason University Human Resources (HR) and Payroll Office is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual to serve as a part-time Talent Acquisition Assistant. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Responsible for data entry and record management of recruitment files;
- Assist in collection of hiring documentation;
- Provide courteous and professional customer service to the community of George Mason University;
- Coordinate with departments to finalize recruitment files; and
- Work collaboratively with other units in HR, as well as the larger university community.
- Effective interpersonal communication and customer service skills, including tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to prioritize work, follow through, and willingness to be flexible;
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with discretion and professionalism;
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines;
- Experience with collaboration and communication with diverse individuals with differing needs at all levels of the organization;
- Talent acquisition/recruiting skills, and an understanding of systems and processes;
- Demonstrated experience with data entry; and
- Ability to effectively use email and phone;
- Clerical skills; and
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in Human Resources, Payroll and Talent Acquisition/Recruiting;
- Due to the confidential information that this position will handle, individuals who are not George Mason University students are highly preferred;
- Higher education or public workforce experience; and
- Demonstrated experience with an Applicant Tracking System.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :