Business Solutions Manager (S13330)
7 days left
- Full Time
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitleBusiness Solutions Manager (S13330)
Job Description SummaryActing in a leadership and advisory capacity the Workforce Development & Continuing Education (WD&CE) Business solutions manager develops relationships with and engages business and industry in the target markets of information technology and cybersecurity, for the purposes of collegewide connection with the Information Technology and Cybersecurity industry benefiting the full range of credit and non-credit programs and leading to program growth, enhancement, and alignment with industry.
Under general supervision and/or direction, the incumbent is responsible for developing relationships with employers and industry associations focused on information technology and/or cybersecurity, or in need of IT/cybersecurity talent or training programs. Contacts are with College staff, administrators, faculty, deans and students, and the external community and business leaders to develop mutually beneficial relationships, create revenue, create opportunities for employers and students.
This position is an Exempt, Grade 29. Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Engages businesses within the information technology and cybersecurity industries or businesses that have information technology or cybersecurity employees for developing mutually beneficial partnerships by promoting credit and non-credit programs and leading to increased program growth and alignment with industry.
- Leads outreach efforts towards the development of new opportunities including contract training, grants, and other revenue-creating opportunities for the College.
- Leads or participates in creating, enhancing, and maintaining advisory boards, industry linkages with faculty and student, for curriculum enhancement, with students for internships and jobs.
- Develops short and long-term goals and objectives for marketing and promoting awareness of College programs and services.
- Keeps current on industry related advancements, technology and trends.
- Develops and prepares reports of revenue, grants, contracts and objectives achieved.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources Information Technology, Cybersecurity or related field.
- Three years of experience in business, IT, cybersecurity or related field developing business solutions and partnerships, and conducting community outreach.
- Knowledge of the information technology (IT) and Cybersecurity fields including trends, software, and certifications.
- Effective skill in assessing business training and hiring needs.
- Strong working knowledge of PC's and related software such as Microsoft Office.
- Excellent customer service skills. Advanced facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Strong skill in presenting to all levels of College staff and management, customers, business and community leaders.
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to independently organize and manage and priorities.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- Online applications must be received by November 20, 2018
- For consideration, you must:
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with a resume.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.Closing DateTuesday, November 20, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.