Helping law firms and corporate legal departments in the Washington, DC metropolitan area overcome their staffing challenges in a cost-effective and seamless manner is our ultimate goal. Legal E provides outstanding legal staffing solutions by offering the highest degree of professionalism, integrity and talent-driven human capital. For job seekers, Legal E offers the guidance of our expert team of recruiters and access to the area's top legal jobs through our online Career Portal. No matter what your employment needs are, Legal E is ready at a moment's notice to provide the solution!
State-of-the-art Intellectual Property firm in Washington, DC has an opening for an experienced Litigation Paralegal. We are seeking a highly-motivated professional with an interest in joining this team-oriented and highly specialized Intellectual Property practice.
- Provide litigation and trial support to the firm's practice groups as necessary.
- Organize logistics for patent-based trials, maintain litigation files, summarize depositions, organize exhibits, prepare case notebooks, simple pleadings and litigation documents as well as deposition binders and exhibits, cite check pleadings, review litigation production documents, and other litigation and trial support.
- Maintain and monitor litigation docket and due dates.
- Type and prepare correspondence, memos, forms and other documentation as assigned; copy documents as necessary; proof all work on a routine basis.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP) and Federal Rules of Appellate Procedure (FRAP).
- Retrieve and file information at various government agencies and courts as necessary.
- Prepare monthly client status reports.
- Prioritize workload, meet deadlines, complete projects and work under pressure and stressful situations efficiently, productively and in a professional manner.
- Assist with special projects and assignments as necessary.
- Provide assistance to other practice groups as necessary.
- Must be flexible to work overtime on an as-needed basis.
- Miscellaneous other responsibilities as assigned.
- Trial experience as a litigation paralegal is preferred.
- Experience with appellate and district-court litigation highly desirable. Familiarity with patent litigation a plus. Paralegal certificate preferred.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
If you enjoy cite-checking briefs, are committed to producing quality work, and have exceptional attention to detail we want to hear from you!
Please submit resumes in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Litigation Paralegal
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly