MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST *12 MONTH ROSTER* (PROJECT MANAGER)
Occasional travel - Travel 1 to 5 nights per month may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
GS-14 LEVEL: You must have 1 year specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes demonstrated knowledge of a wide range of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques, qualitative and quantitative; sufficient to accomplish projects or studies broad in scope and magnitude. You must also have a knowledge of a full range of Federal laws, policies, regulations, and precedents applicable to the segment(s) of the Service's program affected by the assigned project or study; Knowledge of the overall mission, objectives, functions, policies, and organizational structure of the Internal Revenue Service; Knowledge of management principles and processes to perform project management duties and to coordinate and integrate project objectives and recommendations; Your experience must include oral communication techniques to present findings, deliver briefings, and negotiate solutions to disputed recommendations. Ability to work with others and to maintain harmonious relationships with all parties, and the ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Undergo an income tax verification and review of prior performance/conduct.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Twenty Five (25) Positions are located throughout Information Technology division to be filled in any of the following locations:
Fresno CA, Washington DC, Atlanta GA, Chamblee GA, Covington KY, Lanham-Seabrook MD, Detroit MI, Holtsville NY, Charlotte NC, Philadelphia PA, Memphis TN, Austin TX, Dallas/Farmers Branch TX, Ogden UT, Kearneysville WV and/or Andover MA.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating:Your application will be evaluated on the competencies of the position to be filled per the IRS Merit Promotion Plan in the following areas: Customer Service, Oral Communication, Program/Project Management, Reasoning, Writing. Your application will also be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. IRS employees may obtain most recent awards listing athttps://persinfo.web.irs.gov/
Your rating may be lowered, if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Referral: You will be assigned to one of three quality groups. Each group represents a quality level (i.e., Superior/Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, Qualified). Candidates will be considered in quality group order.
If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Treasury employee eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), you must receive a rating of HIGHLY QUALIFIED or better to be rated as "well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No