INDOOR AND OUTDOOR FACILITY MONITORS (PART-TIME/TEMPORARY)
The Department of Parks and Recreation is seeking seasonal/temporary Facility Monitors to work in our community centers, Arlington Public School gymnasiums and various outdoor athletic fields. Work will include monitoring of both rectangular and diamond sports fields, the youth basketball program held indoor at community centers and Arlington Public School gymnasiums and Teen Skate Nights held at Thomas Jefferson Community Center. As a representative of the County, Facility Monitors provide customer service to drop-in and schedule facility users, to support a safe and positive experience.
Specific duties include:
- Setting up and taking down the facility for reservations and events to include opening and closing the facility;
- Utilizing RecTrac to document scheduling and accepting payments, process reservations, and help patrons with various registration and scheduling requests;
- Reporting of attendance numbers, game scores, and any incident/accidents;
- Performing facility maintenance of grounds and equipment;
- Sharing information about current events in Arlington County with customers; and
- Selling Skate Night Passes to include renting Skate Night Equipment.
Minimum: A high school diploma or GED and three months of experience in administering recreational programs or facility monitoring.
Substitution: Additional education in a related field may substitute for experience.
Desirable: Preference may be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following:
- Customer service experience in sports recreation
- Knowledgeable of the rules of basketball
- The selected employee will wear a uniform and must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds.
- This position may require standing and walking for prolonged periods of time during the work shift.
- The employee must maintain Adult CPR, Child CPR, First Aid, and AED training.
Starting salary is $15.00 per hour.
Note: This recruitment is open continuous and will close once the positions are filled. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible. Qualified applicants in this first group will be referred to the hiring manager and interviews will be conducted on a regular basis throughout the recruitment with candidates whose qualifications best fit our needs.
Your responses to the supplemental questionnaire are considered part of the selection process and are required for this position. Please do not give "see resume" as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.