Senior Technician, Network Operations
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
FLSA: Non Exempt
Department: 16711.Network Operations
Travel %: None
Education: Two years of college or technical school
Experience: At least 3 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Hiring Manager: Marsha E Hall
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
As a Senior NOC Technician, you will provide high level technical expertise in support of Radio Frequency (RF), Occasional Use (OU), interference events, full-time managed services and network operations functions related to in depth troubleshooting and the resolution of customer service issues. You will coordinate the integration of new technologies and the on-boarding of new satellites, platform development and contribute input for additional system functionality. This position is responsible for receiving and replying to incoming calls and emails to coordinate and schedule services on behalf of customers utilizing (OU) resources, monitoring information on all sites and system platforms, network infrastructure, and backhaul and resolve service issues, while ensuring that proper escalation procedures are followed. In addition, you will provide in depth troubleshooting, technical support, analysis, routine monitoring and system status checks to identify service issues, resolve service issues and minimize service interruptions. This role facilitates teamwork in support of supervisors and principal technicians, focuses on collaboration with and mentoring of junior team members, and professional development as a role model.
- A minimum of 3 years experience and strong working knowledge of satellite, fiber, data and/or broadcast related theory and equipment.
- Must be able to work 24 X 7 rotating shifts, including holidays and be capable of following company guidelines in making independent decisions under stressful conditions in a multi-tasking work environment.
- Must be able to convey in depth technical issues equally to skilled and unskilled individuals.
- Must have and consistently display good team working, organizational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work comfortably with customers and co-workers who speak English as a second language.
- Must consistently display situational awareness and take initiative to address customer issues as well as departmental inefficiencies with little to no supervision.
- Must have good computer skills and the ability to read and understand operational manuals for various test and/or measurement equipment.
- Spanish language skills are desirable
- Act as the primary contact for occasional-use customers for booking and provisioning of space-only and managed OU services, resolution of discrepancies and technical issues, and coordination of special events and services.
- Identify, update and escalate service issues to determine alternate routing, emergency restoral and timely resolution of service discrepancies.
- Participate in proactive service alarm monitoring for elimination / mitigation of any operational impact to customers.
- Create and review trouble tickets for operational discrepancies, all full-time services, RF interference issues or circuit events to ensure accurate documentation is maintained and all follow up actions are completed to improve performance and communication within the operational team.
- With little to no supervision, provide operational support and timely and professional response of phone calls and emails through the triage process, initiate emergency restoral procedures and determine alternate routing of services provided by Teleport Operations for Intelsat owned teleports and 3rd party partner teleports. Additional duties could include but not limited to; OU service bookings/activations and issues, customer accesses, carrier measurements, peak/pols and internal/external customer notifications.
- Perform tracking and execution of all maintenance activities, including troubleshooting video and IP routing as necessary.
- Utilize tools and demonstrate a high level of proficiency to assess and troubleshoot RF, digital, video and audio IP signals while working closely with customers to maintain all service level agreements.
- Collaborate with Intelsat support groups and/or premier customer engineers to participate in transition activities, integrate and oversee the onboarding of new services into the existing operational Intelsat product line.
- Provide input for the development of training materials, processes and procedures.
- Escalate and report on service issue corrective measures to the Supervisor and Management team
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.