Technical Supervisor CCMS Systems and Technical Supervisor CCMS Systems
7 days left
- Full Time
FACILITIES MANAGEMENT, HVAC SYSTEMS, CCMS group
Are you someone who can contribute and help our team improve the building environments and optimize energy efficiency across the University of Maryland College Park campus? Become part of a great work setting where you can affect change in a meaningful way while enjoying the benefits of working for one of the great institutions of the great State of Maryland. We are looking to fill two positions.
Position number 122446-HVAC CCMS Cross-Functional Technical Specialist:
Must have skills and experience with installation, programing, testing, and troubleshooting electronic, pneumatic and digitally controlled equipment for the campus’ Central Control Monitoring Systems (CCMS) group. Requires working knowledge of chiller plants, boilers, steam pressure, hydronic and pneumatic systems, AHU’s, heat exchangers, variable volume and constant volume systems, clean rooms and lab control. Additional professional knowledge of engineering practices, commissioning, mechanical trades, cost estimating, technical training and strong communication skills is highly desired. The incumbent should have professional experience working with building automation control systems including Tridium, Distech, Automated Logic and Staefa.
Position number 101784-Technical Supervisor CCMS
This position oversees and manages the administration and operation of a complex centrally controlled monitoring systems’ (CCMS) computers and interfaces. Duties include managing a team and the work processes for maintaining, monitoring and control of one hundred plus buildings representing over twelve million square feet of office and classroom space, labs and cleanrooms, lecture halls and library space. Requires knowledge and professional experience with software and firmware upgrades, updating communication drivers, database backups and maintaining the integrity of multiple layers of communication networks; the individual shall have professional working knowledge of server based systems and communication protocols including BACnet, Modbus and Lon; the position also requires a strong knowledge of building automation control systems, preferably specific knowledge of the primary systems serving the College Park Campus (Tridium Niagara AX, Distech, ALC and legacy Staefa MS1800/Smart II).
Minimum qualifications for position 122446 include:
- Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience performing duties as described. Without a Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience performing similar duties.
- Incumbent must possess and maintain a valid Maryland Class C Driver’s license, or equivalent, with fewer than six (6) points.
- Incumbent must also possess Universal CFC certification.
Minimum qualifications for position 101784 include:
- Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 6 (six) years progressive technical management experience of HVAC Automation Systems performing similar duties.
- Without a Bachelor’s degree a minimum of 10 (ten) years progressive technical management experience of HVAC Automation Systems performing similar duties.
- One (1) to three (3) years of relevant supervisory experience; experience working with other groups exercising superb people, communication and writing skills.
- See full job description for all requirements for both positions
SALARY/BENEFITS: Salary for both positions is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Positions are Essential and subject to 24-hour/day, 7-day/week span of operation. Benefits include health, dental, vision and prescription insurance plans, tuition remission for employees and dependents, and participation in the State pension system.
TO APPLY: For a full listing of available positions and to apply, please visit the University’s employment web site at https://ejobs.umd.edu and search for the position number. A separate application is needed for each position. For position description, call (301)405-3214. Deadline: November 12, 2018.
The University of Maryland is an EOE/AA Employer. Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to Apply.