Project Associate, INCLUDES
1 day left
- Full Time
The Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU), a research, policy and advocacy organization dedicated to strengthening and advancing the work of public universities in the US, Canada and Mexico, is seeking a Project Associate to provide logistical and administrative support to a new national faculty change network focused on developing inclusive and diverse STEM faculty. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced, project start-up environment, have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and possess a keen attention to detail. This full-time position is funded through at least 2022 and will be based in Washington, DC. For more information, consult www.aplu.org.
APLU and the Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning (CIRTL, based at the University of Wisconsin - Madison) are co-leads on one of the first National Science Foundation (NSF) INCLUDES Alliance grants - Aspire: The National Alliance for Inclusive and Diverse STEM Faculty. APLU and CIRTL are partnering with dozens of other universities, two-year colleges and organizations across the country to scale practices aimed at diversifying the nation’s STEM college educators and grounding them in inclusive teaching practices. The initiative’s overarching strategy is to enhance professional development for current and future faculty as well as improve hiring practices of STEM faculty across three interacting change strategies at institutional, regional, and national levels. The ultimate goal is to increase the learning, persistence, and completion of students from underrepresented groups (URG) in STEM throughout postsecondary education, and thereby increase their contributions to the U.S. STEM enterprise. Broadening participation in the STEM workforce will bring diverse perspectives, improving our nation’s ability to solve complex social challenges, and expanding our technological and innovation-based economy.
Working with project leadership and backbone, the Project Associate will be primarily responsible to provide logistical and administrative support to Alliance managers which includes, but is not limited to:
- Managing and coordinating the project timeline.
- Coordinating all logistical aspects of project meetings (in-person, phone calls, and video-conferences).
- Planning and providing logistic support for periodically-scheduled multi-day convenings which includes arranging hotel accommodations, event planning, finalizing contracts, developing/producing materials, etc.
- Maintaining records within APLU's knowledge management platform and client management system.
- Supporting the network’s strategic communications to engage membership (including social media and web-related communications).
- Providing administrative support with project finances and reporting.
- Providing other programmatic support as needed to support the goals and objectives of the project.
- Master’s degree preferred. Two plus years’ experience working in higher education or providing administrative and logistical support.
- Ability to identify and establish priorities, work independently, and exercise sound judgment related to providing support and assistance.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional, team as well as an ability to carry out tasks independently. Ability to establish effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are required. Thorough knowledge and experience in building project management systems, filing systems, and general office procedures preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills which must be effective and courteous, requiring high integrity when dealing with a broad array of backgrounds and cultures.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong MS Office 365 skills as well as experience.
- Passion to increase the success of underrepresented students in postsecondary STEM programs.
- Ability to travel domestically as needed for major network functions.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to APLU’s Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject line: Project Associate of the Aspire Alliance. Applications will be reviewed as received and continue until the position is filled.
APLU provides a generous benefits package.
APLU is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Apply for Project Associate, INCLUDES
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly