Senior Grants Administrator
1 day left
- Full Time
Have you dreamed about being part of an amazing community of brilliant researchers who use the Hubble and James Webb Space Telescopes to find new discoveries and expand our understanding of astronomy and physics? If so, we hope you would consider joining our Grants Administration team. We administer the HST and JWST grant programs that fund groundbreaking research using the most powerful space based telescopes ever invented.
We are seeking a senior level research administrator to oversee and coordinate our monitoring and risk assessment programs in addition to administering the grants for your assigned institutions.
In this position we will use your prior skills, experience and understanding of grant policies, procedures and regulations, including the Uniform Guidance (2CFR200) to:
- Review business, financial, administrative, and management policies and practices to evaluate risks posed by recipient institutions. Based on your evaluation, you will identify and recommend appropriate levels of recipient monitoring to management.
- Coordinate ongoing and annual monitoring activities including audit reviews, desk reviews and, as needed, site visits to assure compliance with STScI and federal policies.
- Work together with other grant administrators to research instances of non-compliance, document findings, identify solutions and provide recommendations for resolution to management.
- Work with your management team to modify and update established monitoring processes to remain current with changing regulations and monitoring methods.
- Execute and monitor all grant administrative and fiscal activities (pre-award, award, post-award, and closeout) for your institutions.
- Prepare reports and present your analysis and recommendations to management.
- Work directly with the investigators and staff at your recipient institutions to assist with budget submissions, evaluate eligibility, and determine cost allowability.
- Provide guidance, support and training to your institutions related to using the Space Telescope Grants Management System (STGMS) and understanding the General Grant Provisions.
We are searching for highly motivated self-starters who thrive in a team environment and take personal ownership and pride in their work. You should possess the following skills and attributes.
- Seven or more years of grants administration experience with an emphasis on pre-award and post-award monitoring practices.
- Experience working in a sponsor organization is preferred.
- Attention to detail and the ability to organize, plan and prioritize work are critical.
- Self-motivated, team oriented, customer focused and capable of executing multiple projects at once.
- Flexibility to adapt in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to perform under challenging conditions such as during proposal deadlines.
- Foster harmonious working relationships with co-workers, scientists, external institutions, and government agencies.
- Be respectful, courteous, collaborative and maintain a positive outlook.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for using software tools with a strong proficiency with MS Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or other related curriculum and certification in Grants Administration is desired. Substitution of relevant education or experience for the stated qualifications may be considered.
This is a full time position that usually requires a 40 hour work week during standard work hours. Additional hours are occasionally required which may include working evenings to complete special assignments and serve recipients in Central, Mountain and Pacific time zones. Occasional travel may also be required.
STScI offers an excellent compensation package, tuition reimbursement, competitive salaries, and a stimulating work environment. If you are interested in joining our team you should submit an on-line application at http://www.stsci.edu/institute/opportunities. Resumes received by November 23, 2018, will receive full consideration.
STScI sees the diversity of its staff as a strategic priority in our desire to create a first-rate scientific community. We reflect that deep dedication in strongly encouraging women, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals to apply for these opportunities. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, STScI does not discriminate because of race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, or mental or physical handicap. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
If anyone needs assistance applying, please email email@example.com.