Advertising Sales Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
Science, the weekly journal published by AAAS, is seeking a talented Advertising Sales Manager with a proven track record of selling integrated media packages that include digital display, print advertising, native and sponsored content. Designed for an ambitious and energetic sales person, this full-time role will report to the Associate Director of US Advertising Sales. Ideally based on the East Coast, you will be required to travel regularly in the given territory which covers the East and Midwest regions. Regular visits to the headquarters in Washington, DC will be expected. However, if based in DC you will be expected to work from our DC offices when not on business travel.
- Bachelor’s’ degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least three to five years of sales experience, preferably in advertising sales
- Ideally based in DC or within the East Coast of US
- Ability to travel regularly
- Experience selling integrated media packages which include digital display, print advertising, native and sponsored content
- Track record of closing sales and meeting goals
- High level of initiative and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and a consultative selling approach
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of customer relationship management software such as Salesforce
Interested candidates should submit a resume and brief cover letter outlining qualifications and interest in the position by November 18, 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If we think you might be a good fit for the role, we will contact you with next steps.
Who We Are
"The advancement of science should be the chief concern of a nation that would conserve and increase the welfare of its people."
-James McKeen Cattell, former AAAS President and Editor of Science
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) is an international non-profit organization dedicated to advancing science for the benefit of all people. For over a century, AAAS has been a force for science, from helping to establish science as a credible field in the 19th century to using satellite imaging technology to document human rights abuses in 2007. We are recognized as the world’s largest general scientific society and the proud publisher of the Science family of journals. Past presidents have included astronomer Edward Charles Pickering, anthropologist Margaret Mead, and biologist Stephen Jay Gould. Our mission is centered on the belief that STEM research and education can help solve many of the challenges the world faces today.
AAAS is a culture steeped in history, but adaptive to change and new ideas. We recognize the hard work of our employees and encourage the development of our staff. Our colleagues represent an array of expertise from scholarly publishing to digital marketing, educational research to government relations, all with a shared focus on mission. At AAAS, you are part of a talented team, dedicated to advancing science and serving society.
AAAS is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.