1 day left
- Full Time
Research Scientist provides leadership to domestic and international initiatives in the areas of English learner and culturally and linguistically diverse K-12/adult program evaluation, program development and research methods.
- Lead development and implementation efforts for CAL’s K-12 and Adult education initiatives for English learner and linguistically and culturally diverse students in the following areas: program evaluation, education research, technical assistance and program development.
- Assume a leadership role in collaborating with CAL directors and project managers and supervise staff as appropriate.
- Liaise with external stakeholders.
- Represent CAL’s research, evaluation and language assessment work in external settings.
- Assume a lead role in development and grant writing opportunities related to these essential functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required: Doctoral degree from an accredited college or university, in Education Assessment, Testing & Measurement, Second Language Acquisition, Applied Linguistics, Bilingual Education, or a related field. Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Preferred: Doctoral degree as expressed above with experience with English learners and culturally and linguistically diverse students in a public-school setting, within the following areas: (1) Conducting program evaluations; (2) Planning & implementing programs; (3) Designing and implementing research projects; (4) Providing face-to-face technical assistance via webinars or other online methods; (5) ESSA compliance requirements; and (7) Teaching or school administration.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated experience with English learners and culturally and linguistically diverse students within the areas of language and education research; assessment, testing & measurement; and, program evaluation.
- Working knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Business development and client relations skills.
- Proficiency in a second language other than English.
Apply for Research Scientist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly