Manager, Mailing List Sales
Join a team of B2B marketing and sales professionals whose objective is to increase non-dues revenue by it forging business relationships with companies who want to reach ASHA’s 198,000 members.
The person in this position is responsible for the sale and promotion of ASHA’s direct-mail lists and e-blast services (the latter is limited to corporate partners and our student organization). The right candidate will be required to become knowledgeable on ASHA’s member demographics to assist with vendor list purchases and serve the Asset Team as the information point person on ASHA’s market segments. This individual works in a team environment with Association colleagues to ensure effective strategies to achieve sales and supportive marketing goals using various technology platforms including Excel, net FORUM, Salesforce.com, marketing automation, and our internal list-cutting tool. The individual should have a strong technical aptitude; strong relationship management skills, and the ability and willingness to foster collaboration, value other perspectives, and gain support/buy-in through excellent oral and written communication skills. Attention to detail is critical, along with the ability to establish metrics and measure program effectiveness.
- Develop acquisition and retention strategies to achieve or exceed non-dues revenue.
- Coordinate all aspects of the sale and fulfillment of direct-mail lists and other ASHA products using Information Systems, list-cutting systems, and related technology: Salesforce.com, Excel, and internal CRM (net ORUM).
- Develop relationships with current and potential customers to maximize customer satisfaction, meet their marketing needs, and facilitate order processing, and compliance with contractual agreements.
- Maintain data on list sales to assess trends, and to evaluate market penetration and ASHA's competitive position, which includes establishing tracking and measurement reports through Salesforce.com and providing regular updates to management.
- Advise internal and external customers on the best use of list segmentation
- Evaluating and making program recommendations for new revenue opportunities.
- Prepare billing information for Accounts Receivable and financial analysis to senior management.
- Act as gatekeeper for external and internal use and/or sale of lists.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Successful completion of bachelor’s degree
- 2–4 years of related experience in a B2B sales position
- 2–4 years of Salesforce.com experience (preferred)
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical issues and resolve problems with list-cutting tools
- Experience working in groups and leading teams
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Must be able to demonstrate an advanced degree of proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint), and a Contact Management Systems (net Forum preferred)
- Must have experience conducting, and analyzing processes, procedures, and/or policies
Scope and Depth of Nontechnical Skills/Knowledge
- Must have an affinity for sales and understand what an organization needs in order to be successful in a B2B environment; must be willing to make cold calls
- Must possess engaging interpersonal communication skills
- Must be willing and able to fulfill each sale using technical processes
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities
- Must be able to think strategically and must have a demonstrated ability to make logical assumptions
- Must be willing to participate in cross-functional teams that address how to increase revenue generation
- Must be able to work in a team-based, collaborative environment
- Must have a high level of professional maturity and be able to work autonomously
- Must be able and willing to travel if necessary (occasional)
- Must be willing to take on additional ad-hoc administrative/managerial duties as needed