Supervisory IT Specialist (INFOSEC)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
IT-related experience must demonstrate each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that you work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account theaudience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
You must demonstrate in your resume at least one (1) year of qualifying specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level in the Federal Government. Examples of specializing experience include: leading a staff of IT specialists and computer scientists; securing, deploying, and supporting multi-platform enterprise server environments; assessing business, technical, security requirements and technology trends for enterprise hosting services; developing business cases and providing recommendations for enterprise hosting environments; and conducting in-depth studies of trending computer hardware, security systems, system and networking software and applications/programs.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply:https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10316566
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- - This position is designated as a "non-emergency/teleworker" position and the selected candidate will be considered a "non-emergency/teleworker" employee. In the event of a closure, you must be available to telework or request leave.
- - If selected, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE Form 450 to determine if a conflict or an appearance of a conflict exists between your financial interest and your prospective position with the agency. This information is required annually. For information, visit the NIH Ethics website: https://ethics.od.nih.gov/topics/fd.htm.
- - At the supervisor's discretion, this position may offer work schedule flexibilities: [telework].
- - A one-year supervisory trial/probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- - A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- - PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps should also apply online to this announcement in order to receive consideration.
- - We may make additional selections for similar positions within the commuting area(s) of the locations listed through this vacancy announcement.
- - The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- - The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply to this vacancy. You will be evaluated against the basic qualifications. Qualified applicants will be referred for consideration in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management direct hire guidelines. Veterans' Preference does not apply to the direct hire recruitment procedures.
To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must substantively exceed the basic qualifications and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and all other requirements.