Technical Director Comptroller
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You MAY qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
- You must submit to a drug test and receive a negative drug test before you can be appointed into this position. Designated and/or Random Drug Testing is required.
- In order to qualify for this position, you must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance and access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI).
- You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for this position.
- Submit resume and all other required documents online by 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time on11/19/2018
- The individual selected will be required to file an 'Executive Branch Personnel Financial Disclosure Report (OGE-278) in accordance with the Ethics in Government Act of 1978.
- You will serve a two-year probationary period unless you have previously completed the probationary period in the SES.
- Please read the vacancy announcement in its entirety before applying.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS: All applicants must submit written statements (narrative format) of accomplishments that would satisfy the technical qualifications. You must address each technical qualification separately. You are required to respond to all of the technical qualifications. If you fail to do so, you will be rated as ineligible. Please limit your written statements to no more than two pages per technical qualification.
1. In-depth knowledge, understanding, and experience with Federal budget/financial management processes in order to properly structure and defend budgets before higher-level authorities.
2. In-depth knowledge, understanding, and experience with project management, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), financial and managerial reporting concepts, principles, and developments in the financial and business fields.
3. In-depth knowledge, understanding, and experience with internal controls for financial systems, financial and non-financial operations, reasonable assurance and audits requiring the detailed examination of the facts.
4. This is a Defense Financial Management Certified (DFMC) Level 3 Position. The position requires continuing education training to maintain certification. DAWAIA level III certification in Financial Management is desired but not required.
Veterans preference is not applicable to the Senior Executive Service.
Applications MUST be submitted through USAJobs.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the quality and extent of your total accomplishments, experience, and education. Your application will be evaluated by a rating and ranking panel. Highly qualified candidates may undergo an interview and a reference check. The Office of the Secretary of Defense Executive Resources Board will review results and make recommendations on final selections to the appointing authority.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI Drug test required Yes