Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
CBP Administrative Assistant
Every day, staff at the Community Business Partnership (CBP) make a difference in the economy of Northern Virginia! In 2017, the CBPâ€™s highly qualified trainers and counselors created over 350 training events attended by over 4,000 entrepreneurs resulting in 763 individuals receiving one-on-one counseling. This activity led to the creation of 56 new businesses, 604 new or retained jobs, and over $3.5MM in direct capital investment.
Whether itâ€™s helping an entrepreneur meet the challenges of starting a business or helping a struggling business owner understand a path to growth, you can be part of the CBP solution!
The Community Business Partnership (CBP) is an independent not-for-profit corporation that is part of George Mason Universityâ€™s Mason Enterprise Center under the Office of Research and Economic Development. Located in Springfield, Virginia, the CBPâ€™s mission is to be a complete resource center providing training and support to those seeking to start and build successful small businesses. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Job Responsibilities: The Administrative Assistantâ€™s position has responsibilities in the following areas: This position provides support to Community Business Partnership (CBP) staff as well as clients, and resident and virtual incubator clients.
Primary duties include:
- General receptionist work and front office operations. This includes welcoming visitors, answering inquiries and general questions, entering client information into the database information systems.
- Provide general administrative support to CBP staff and the CBP Board of Directors including organizing workshop/class materials, maintaining room reservation system, send reminders to volunteers, recording meeting minutes, and schedule meeting times.
- Assist CBP staff by serving on internal teams for signature events and providing assistance to volunteer trainers.
- General fiscal administration duties such as logging payments in Excel, tracking and tracking volunteer in-kind contributions and serving as back-up to the Training Coordinator to process credit card payments and processing of vendor check requests.
- Strong organizational and time management skills showcasing independent initiative;
- Significant interpersonal, customer service, and communication (both written and verbal) skills;
- The ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in diverse communities;
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with discretion and professionalism; Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a high-volume administrative assistance role;
- Proficient speaking and reading in English and Spanish.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :