Social Media Manager (1225-679)
5 days left
- Full Time
This is a non-supervisory position responsible for managing, advising, providing leadership and continuously evolving USP and select executive social media channels. The incumbent in this role will maintain all aspects of organic audience engagement and most of the advertising outreach on flagship USP channels including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Slideshare. This position will also collaborate closely with internal teams and stakeholders to define and implement methods for increasing the organization’s social media acumen and developing influence to improve strategies and tactics.Roles and Responsibilities
- Brainstorm, create and publish compelling social media content to extend USP’s mission, communicate our impact on the world to drive priority outcomes and create engagement with our priority audiences
- Manage the monthly social media schedule, production and reporting
- Maintain a 30-45-day social media editorial calendar for pre-planned content
- Work with business partners to develop and apply social media strategies to accomplish intended outcomes
- Review performance and provide feedback and analysis to leaders and business partners to inform improvement
- Provide strategic counsel and advice to non-flagship USP social media efforts (e.g. local Facebook pages for USP sites)
- Organize a cross-functional social media steering committee for coordinating efforts, receiving strategic input, developing social media champions and sharing information
- Create content for and otherwise support select social media accounts, including, but not limited to, the CEO’s LinkedIn profile and Sr. VP Global External Affairs Twitter.
- Build, circulate and manage the monthly (internal) Quick Post Guide.
- Establish, document and share best practices, relevant social media news/changes and provide other relevant education to colleagues
- Build templated social media visuals using Canva or partner with in-house Creative team for custom artwork
- Administer and manage the social media social media management tool (Sprinklr).
- Manage the relationship and guide the work effort with our social media agency
- Contribute social media knowledge and expertise into the USP digital engagement resource
- Consistently scan the horizon for new social media trends and opportunities that amplify the USP brand, mission, audiences and strategies.
- Track key influencers in social media and convey information back to business partners and/or engage with the influencers, as appropriate
- Report metrics, key performance indicators and tracking reports of performance of various social media initiatives, creating presentations to share findings with business partners
- Provide brand monitoring and analysis including, but not limited to, awareness, perception and preference
- Participate in strategic planning for USP’s digital engagement initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR or marketing; or equivalent education and experience
- Five (5) or more years of experience managing social media, preferably in pharmaceuticals, public health or non-profit organizations
- Strong hands-on experience with social media applications (e.g. Sprinklr, Canva) and platforms (e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Track record of innovation in social media
- Strong collaboration skills with deep social media knowledge and interpersonal savvy
- Agency experience is a plus
- Pharmaceutical or public health industry knowledge
- Experience with Sprinklr, Canva
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed (e.g. provide live coverage during key global events)
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and outside vendors
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and results-oriented
- Excellent team skills
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular