Senior Global HR Manager, Talent Acquisition and Employee Engagement
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Senior Global HR Manager of Talent Acquisition and Employee Engagement to join the Human Resources team at the headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland.
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), the Senior Global HR Manager of Talent Acquisition and Employee Engagement, develops and implements HR strategy in support of business objectives. The role coordinates with global and regional/local resources to lead HR initiatives including talent management, workforce planning, diversity and inclusion initiatives, onboarding and reward and recognition systems.
The Senior Global HR Manager develops a talent management strategy aiming to attract, retain, reward, and engage the best talent for Global Communities. This position is responsible for creating a compelling vision for global talent acquisition and management. S/he conceptualizes, develops and implements workforce planning, recruitment, sourcing, diversity & inclusion and onboarding and off boarding strategies which support Global Communities’ mission and values.
S/he is responsible for understanding the complexity of business/people issues and opportunities and with team to develop and implement best practice solutions.
In addition s/he develops and oversees strategies focusing on improving the supervisor and employee experience through culture change and engagement.
The incumbent supervises the Talent Acquisition and Engagement Manager and Talent Management Officer.
TALENT ACQUISITION & MANAGEMENT
- Implement workforce planning strategies to position industry best staff in key positions to build the bench strength of the organization.
- Provide direction and advisory services to Global HR practitioners, Chiefs of Party, and Country Directors to implement effective HR strategies and practices in his/her respective area.
- Foster the professional growth of Global HR staff through knowledge sharing, professional and personal counseling, personal attention and effort.
- Develop a robust talent acquisition strategy, plan, and actions; and manage direct and cross functional resources to achieve business success.
- Oversee research done to obtain recruiting insights and learnings so that Global Communities’ approach can be modified as needed in real time.
- Oversee full life cycle recruitment of Headquarters (HQ) based staffing needs in accordance with EEO and OFCCP compliance requirements.
- Approve all Personnel Actions related to domestic and international talent management.
- Design and implement HR programs to attract and retain top talent, maximize staff performance, reward and incentivize staff, promote employee morale and achieve Global Communities’ organizational mission.
- Develop department goals, objectives and change initiatives to create a culture of accountability, collaboration, teamwork and innovation.
- Coach and mentor senior managers to use the full range of HR tools and services.
- Champion and support organizational growth initiatives including proposals, acquisitions and transitions.
- With the CHRO, manage the recruitment of senior level headquarters staff
- Serve as a trusted advisor to hiring managers and staff across the organization.
- May represent the CHRO during executive level meetings and internal and external events.
GLOBAL PROGRAM SUPPORT
- Provide consultative services to global teams on the development and/or review of Position Descriptions for field staff, ensuring standardization, consistency and compliance.
- Work with Compensation Manager on international position salary determinations.
- Serve as an expert advisor to international operations, business development and pricing teams on the administration and management of expatriate /TCN allowance packages to ensure compliance with applicable donor regulations and internal policies.
- Support the staffing assignments of Expatriates and Third Country Nationals (TCNs),
- Oversee the design and delivery of the organization’s new hire orientation program
at HQ and international.
- Oversee international off boarding process.
- Oversee global HR support provided by Talent Management Officer.
- Act as a strategic HR thought partner in the development of talent engagement strategies. Implements best practices and leverages analytics to drive strategies for retention, culture change, and other relevant factors impacting employee engagement.
- Develop long-term strategies and best-in-class initiatives to promote and achieve a culture of excellence and high engagement.
- Coach and develop leaders to improve employee experience by executing department-specific action plans. Ensure leadership accountability to create and manage action plan completion.
- Maintain ongoing pulse on employee morale through focus groups, surveys, one-on-one interviews, and other methods; evaluates and applies the data to support decisions.
- Lead employee recognition and rewards program strategy and outcomes including reviewing, evaluating and making recommendations for departmental recognition programs.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- Support the CHRO to drive the organization’s diversity and inclusion vision and strategy to ensure a diverse workforce, an inclusive culture, and an environment where differences are embraced and used to better serve the needs of staff, the organization and our donors.
- Attend D&I Council meetings and track action plans, deliverables, and milestones.
- Provide consultation and policy recommendations to senior leaders on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Align strategic plans to prioritize diversity and inclusion across the organization.
- Proactively seek opportunities to integrate D&I into HR policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Conduct and promote research on diversity, equity, and inclusion to promote the organization’s thought leadership in this area, which will include speaking internally and externally.
- Assess impact and measure progress; provide written and verbal updates to various audiences at all levels of the organization; coordinate and support efforts to improve diversity and inclusion services and programs; leading effective departmental diversity and inclusion planning efforts; and serving as an internal consultant and providing content expertise for the purposes of training, programming, and strategy design and implementation.
- Manage D&I Council budget.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven skills in interviewing techniques, extensive knowledge of federal and state laws regarding employment. Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations.
- Requires well-developed and highly effective listening, communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to receive, process and present information to diverse audiences while maintaining effective collaborative relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with all levels of staff and candidates in a professional manner. Ability to network, interact, and maintain relationships with senior level candidates.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to manage deadlines and to work independently. Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task in fast pace environment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office. Advanced skills in Excel preferred.
- Fluency in English, written and oral. Abilities in a second language preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A Master's degree in relevant discipline and a minimum of 5 years of relevant international HR experience or a Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline and a minimum of 8 years of international HR experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have U.S. Work Authorization.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. EOE/AA - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disabilities.