Special Police Officer
To provide safety and security services on hospital-owned property for the protection of customers, hospital staff and property by enforcing the laws as governed by The District of Columbia and as set-forth by Senior Administration.
- Responsible for responding, working with participants and reporting all incidents within Hospital grounds.
- Provide clinical assistance to clinical personnel in their assigned area when assistance is requested.
- Reports all suspicious activity to their immediate supervisor immediately.
- Aggressively patrols the parking lot areas to prevent criminal activity.
- Completes necessary departmental forms, incident reports and log-sheets.
- Provides personnel escorts when requested and needed.
- Directs traffic on hospital grounds and assists with helicopter crews when they are landing on the helo-pad.
Education and Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Must be able to speak and communicate effectively.
- Prior experience in a related field preferred.
- Must have a current Special Police Officer commission issued through the District of Columbia Security Officer's Management Branch.
- Current driver's license.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound judgment.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment and manage multiple priorities.