Spring 2019 Volunteer Information Technology Intern
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Applicants are advised that false answers or omissions of information on any application materials or inability to meet the following conditions may be grounds for non-selection, withdrawal of an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.
- All information is subject to verification.
- All new AO employees will be required to complete a FBI fingerprint-based national criminal database and records check. Selection for this position is contingent upon completion of OF-306, Declaration of Federal Employment during the pre-employment process and proof of U.S. citizenship for competitive status positions or conversion to a competitive status position with the Administrative Office of the US Courts. In instances where non-citizens are considered for hire into temporary or any other position with non competitive status or when it is confirmed by the AO's Human Resources Office that there are no qualified U.S. citizens for a competitive status position (unless prohibited by a law or statue), non-citizens must provide proof of authorization to work in the United States and proof of entitlement to receive compensation. Additional information and guidance on the employment of non-citizens can be found at: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Employment_of_Non-citizens. For a list of documents that may be used to provide proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, please refer to Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, available at http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf.
- If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all selectees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if selected, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time.
- Relatives of current Federal Judicial branch employees are not eligible.
- Selectees must be currently enrolled in an accredited program.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- All requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Additional Qualification Requirements:
In addition to meeting the BASIC QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS, applicants must also:
- Work well in a team environment.
- Have very strong organization and communication skills, and be detailed oriented.
- Have a working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, or WordPerfect.
- Have excellent writing, reading and interpersonal skills, and be able to organize a variety of assignments simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
The AO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Should you be selected for an interview, you will be evaluated based upon your responses to questions provided during a structured interview. In responding to structured interview questions, you should be sure to site specific examples of experience, explain what you did, and the outcome.Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No