Judicial Integrity Officer
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- All information is subject to verification. Applicants are advised that false answers or omissions of information on application materials or inability to meet the following conditions may be grounds for non-selection, withdrawal of an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.
- Selection for this position is contingent upon completion of OF-306, Declaration of Federal Employment during the pre-employment process and proof of U.S. citizenship for competitive status positions or conversion to a competitive status position with the Administrative Office of the US Courts. In instances where non-citizens are considered for hire into temporary or any other position with non competitive status or when it is confirmed by the AO's Human Resources Office that there are no qualified U.S. citizens for a competitive status position (unless prohibited by a law or statue), non-citizens must provide proof of authorization to work in the United States and proof of entitlement to receive compensation. Additional information on the employment of non-citizens can be found at http://ww.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/non-citizens. For a list of documents that may be used to provide proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, please refer to Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
- All new AO employees will be required to complete a FBI fingerprint-based national criminal database and records check.
- You will be required to serve a trial period if selected for a first-time appointment to the Federal government, transferring from another Federal agency, or serving as a first-time supervisor. Failure to successfully complete the trial period may result in termination of employment. This does not apply to current federal Judiciary employees.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- All requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have at least ten years of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-15/JSP-15/CL 31 level which is in or directly related to the line of work of this position. Specialized experience for this position is defined as follows:
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, rules and procedures, precedents, and government regulations pertaining to the Alternative Dispute Resolution Act, Equal Employment Opportunity Rights, Family and Medical Leave Rights, Employment and Reemployment Rights of Members of the Uniformed Services, Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Rights, Occupational Safety and Health Protections and other applicable workplace protections.
- Experience with mediation techniques and tools, conducting mediation sessions in person and by teleconference. This includes 1) analyzing and quickly synthesizing complex information; 2) refining and narrowing issues through settlement discussions; and 3) identifying unexpressed problems and analyzing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Experience facilitating the resolution of conflict between parties. This includes thorough understanding of what leads to conflict, the nature of conflict, and methods of resolution.
Mandatory Technical Qualifications: Applicants seeking this AOES position must have experience that demonstrates the following:
- Excellent networking skills, understand and participate in collaboration with others, and be able to establish and maintain broad contacts throughout the organization.
- Ability to be sensitive to dealing with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and cultures. Must be open, objective, and must seek to understand issues from multiple perspectives. Innovative in developing options that are responsive to differing needs.
- Reputation for integrity and for dealing fairly, effectively and in a timely fashion with all constituents.
(1) LEADING CHANGE. This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
(Leadership Competencies: Creativity & Innovation. External Awareness, Flexibility, Resilience, Strategic Thinking, Vision.)
(2) LEADING PEOPLE. This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
(Leadership Competencies: Conflict Management, Leveraging Diversity, Developing Others, Team Building.)
(3) RESULTS DRIVEN. This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
(Leadership Competencies: Accountability, Customer Service, Decisiveness, Entrepreneurship, Problem Solving, Technical Credibility.)
(4) BUSINESS ACUMEN. This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
(Leadership Competencies: Financial Management, Human Capital Management, Technology Management.)
(5) BUILDING COALITIONS / COMMUNICATION: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
(Leadership Competencies: Partnering, Political Savvy, Influencing/Negotiating.)
Applicants with a Juris Doctorate or Masters in a related field are highly desirable.
The AO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. If you meet the minimum qualifications for this job, we will evaluate your application package, to assess the quality, depth, and complexity of your accomplishments, experience, and education as they relate to the requirements listed in this vacancy announcement.
You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume and/or narrative responses, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Failure to submit the mandatory narrative responses will result in not receiving full consideration and/or rating credit. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you, withdrawing an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.