Simulation Coordinator (S13269)
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitleSimulation Coordinator (S13269)
Job Description SummaryJob Title : Simulation Coordinator
Position #: S13269
Location: Takoma Park/Silver Spring
Montgomery College, Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus, has an immediate need for a full-time Simulation Coordinator in the Health Sciences Department. This is a non-bargaining, exempt position, grade 31.
The work schedule is 40 hours per week.
Under supervision and/or direction, administer, advise, design, develop, and provide educational or training services in formal education or training programs. The work typically involves performing duties in one or more of the following functional categories: occupational analysis, instructional design, instructional/training materials development, training aids and devices, instructional services, instructional/training program evaluation, staff and faculty development, tests and measurement, and instructional/training program administration. The work involves extensive planning, organizing and analyzing accumulated data and information; and considerable coordination and integration of the work with other functional activities.
Assignments are depicted by changing or new circumstances that affect specific situations and require adjustments in methods or approaches different from those in existing guidelines. Assignments may be made on a continuing or project basis and the incumbent independently performs work that requires original development and revision of materials or methods.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop, collaborate and implement the simulation component of the nursing program.
- Interface with faculty, staff and students in coordinating the development of scenarios, as well as policies, procedures and practices to be used in simulations.
- Promotes and coordinates the teaching, learning, and evaluation activities conducted by faculty, students and members of the community in the use of simulations.
- Collaborate to use data collected to improve educational practices within the simulation program.
- Assists in the design and implementation of the simulation program working with health science disciplines to program the software, test scenarios, obtain and manage the supplies needed, updating charts and other resources using evidenced based practice.
- Identifies opportunities to enhance the teaching/learning process of the adult learner through alternative teaching strategies within the simulation environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master Degree in curriculum development, instructional design, adult education, human resources development, or a relevant field.
- Five years of experience in learning and/or organizational development in higher education, designing and developing learning objectives and e-learning environments and evaluation and assessment techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of instructional design theory, principles and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of adult learning theory and principles and of designing, developing, delivering, and evaluating educational programs; of curriculum and program development; of project management and research principles; of training standards and techniques; of instructional technologies including online course design and course management systems.
- Ability to work independently and with teams.
- Skill in oral and written communication including interpersonal relations.
- Skill in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skill in problem-solving, needs assessment, organization and multitasking.
- Skill in facilitating and presenting instructional materials.
- Ability to anticipate needs, manage conflict; to work with diverse populations with diverse needs; building coalitions; and secure resources.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Master of Science degree in Nursing
- License as a registered nurse in District of Columbia and Maryland
- Current CPR card for Healthcare Provider
- Simulation - CHSE certification
- Simulation technical skills
- Management of simulation center - fiscal, human, & material responsibilities
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- Online applications must be received by November 16, 2018.
- For consideration, you must include dates of employment in your application or attachment.
- If called to an interview, please bring an unofficial copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.Closing DateFriday, November 16, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.